BtEqstu.jpg

E3mr5PQ.jpg

X9AhJyE.jpg

fwK4uje.jpg

G8B4QSC.jpg

0T7T68B.jpg

zuIX2AU.jpg

VW7QeDa.jpg

I'm moose hunting again this fall so I thought I better treat myself to a new longbow for the adventure. You know, because all my other longbows and recurves are worn out. Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows, had some new wood combinations at his booth at the UBM Festival last February and he quickly set the hook on me as I perused his wares.

This is a 62" Destiny two-piece takedown longbow that pulls 54#@28". The riser is cocobolo, the limb core is bamboo, and the limb veneer is spalted tamarind. I shot it yesterday evening and my first arrow out of the bow was a 20-yard shot at a clay bird. I hit the bird and thought that was pretty good omen. Hopefully, this bow and I will be bringing home a pile of moose meat the first part of October.

uCUaCxV.jpg

Darren

baeloth

FNG
very beautiful, I love the spalted tamerind. not sure I've ever seen tgat before.

Q,
Do you feel any flex or movement in that 2 piece riser section?

The two piece bow is as good as sliced bread. Bows that are built and carbon Kevlar wrapped with the tenon and socket don’t move. They are hands down the absolute best for travel (no Allen wrench). I had one built with a bow bolt that came apart but that was many moons ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfX9inc.jpg

lCuJ8ut.jpg

OQDvtz9.jpg

BtEqstu.jpg

E3mr5PQ.jpg

X9AhJyE.jpg

fwK4uje.jpg

G8B4QSC.jpg

0T7T68B.jpg

zuIX2AU.jpg

VW7QeDa.jpg

I'm moose hunting again this fall so I thought I better treat myself to a new longbow for the adventure. You know, because all my other longbows and recurves are worn out. Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows, had some new wood combinations at his booth at the UBM Festival last February and he quickly set the hook on me as I perused his wares.

This is a 62" Destiny two-piece takedown longbow that pulls 54#@28". The riser is cocobolo, the limb core is bamboo, and the limb veneer is spalted tamarind. I shot it yesterday evening and my first arrow out of the bow was a 20-yard shot at a clay bird. I hit the bird and thought that was pretty good omen. Hopefully, this bow and I will be bringing home a pile of moose meat the first part of October.

uCUaCxV.jpg

Darren
Stunning bow

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
The moose hunt was good...except I didn't get a moose. We saw moose every day and my buddy killed a nice bull the first day we hunted. I just never could get one to cooperate.

All that aside, I saw some beautiful country and got plenty of exercise each day. If you ever want to hunt moose with a top-notch outfitter, I cannot say enough good things about Ryk Visscher. The guides are all bowhunters and are very good at what they do. The accommodations are first rate and the food is phenomenal.

A few photos from the trip

voDr4sP.jpg

BVhlpm6.jpg

ENjXTyd.jpg

TIPph1K.jpg

yHRYteI.jpg