Yeti Hopper M30 Review (2022 model)

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing about Yeti is they listen to their customers and are constantly improving their products.

alternate.jpeg

This year, they changed things up for the Hopper soft-sided cooler lineup and went back to a magnetic closing system. I was skeptical when I heard this as I was not a fan of the original magnetic system. It was a good idea, but the execution left the customer with an awkward system where you could not see into the cooler without more hands or squeezing the bag with your knees. I can tell you that the 2022 Hopper M30 soft-sided cooler does not have those issues. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the cooler for the first time. It stays open, allowing you to see the contents inside! I have had this cooler for over a month and am very impressed with the design and ice retention.

Yeti Hopper M30 Review

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

Here is a link to the Yeti hopper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my zippered version enough that I will be tempted to replace it if it ever dies.

ColoradoV

WKR
Yep it is hard work looking at 30+ bucks as the as the sun comes up and then fly fishing as the sun goes down.

Some folks might not believe my 2 pics were taken the same day. 👌👍4EE56B75-B365-4F69-AD83-2C48E0ADADE9.jpeg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Yes. Both Alaska Air and Delta. No issues and I’ve been doing it for at least a decade.

I have an older top zipper hopper, I love that thing, the wife keeps saying we need the newer version because her and the kids can't seem to remember to close the zipper.... Is the new model auto closing? hahaha

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
The mag strip is coming off the cooler bag. yeti will replace. Anybody else had that issue? Not a problem with customer service, new bag received!
!

Last edited:

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
The FAA limits you to 5.5 pounds of dry ice that is properly packaged (the package is vented) and marked. Airline approval is required. For more information, visit the FAA website.
I don’t believe the bag vents.

Dr.Chill

FNG
The mag strip is coming off the cooler bag. yeti will replace. Anybody else had that issue?
I've seen people have teeth bust off on the older zip top models, which I would think yeti would replace but not sure if they actually repair it (seems extensive to rip out and fully replace one of those aquaseal zippers) or just send you a new replacement. Surprised it happened on your mag strip tho...