You guys like your cargo panel, or did you switch it out?

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking of getting a kifaru cargo panel for a day hunt bag/meat hauler. Initially I thought that it would save some money going this route, but after adding some pockets, I have found that I am not saving any money. I also wanted to go this route because I thought it would be compact as a day pack compared to most of the other kifaru bags available. So, for those of you who went with the cargo panel, what do you think of it? Do you find the meat settling to the bottom of the bag? Did anyone not really care for it, and why?

I know this topic was hashed out when they first came out, but now that the dust has settled, what do you think?

I am the opposite. I didn't care for it. Even with pockets on it, it still wasn't as organized as I like my gear to be. I used it on an elk hunt in Montana for about two weeks. When I got home I sold it. I won't buy another one.

In fact, I got rid of all my frames and pack and went to simple T2 pack. For me, it does everything I need and nothing I don't.

I say try it out and figure it out for your needs. Use it and abuse it and you'll know if it's right for you.

I've only been on one hiking trip since I received my Cargo Panel. I'm still getting used to the whole system as this is my first experience with anything Kifaru. The main reason I went the cargo panel route was to use to carry my climbing stand with. I think it will work well for that but I've actually been looking at all the different pack options today. I find myself kind of wanting a regular pack to attach to the frame. I think messing with a regular bag would be a little less hassle than hooking up the straps and buckles on the cargo panel. I think the cargo panel could be really useful. I'm going to see if I can pick up a bag and kind of compare using both and decide what I want to do from there.

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted this season with both mountain warrior pack bag and cargo panel. It depends on how much gear you are trying to carry - cold weather stand hunting where you will be carrying quite a bit of clothing vs minimal gear while still hunting. I liked the cargo panel with a guide lid for day hunting where I wasn't stand hunting. Meat bags can be secured and will not settle into the bottom of the bag. I ran the old 1000 ci fleece bag on the outside of the pack. Most of my gear fit in that bag while hauling meat. I also ran a ku long pocket on the inside for water bladder. Between the lid and the 1000 ci accessory bag on the outside, all my day hunting gear easily fit. I really liked the way the cargo panel handled meat. There was no movement once strapped in place. It makes a very nice sleek setup as compared to a bag for still hunting whitetails. Much more quiet than a traditional bag.

kodiakfly

WKR
I got one to carry my bow more covered than carrying it with the Grab-It. And allows me to attach pockets to the outside so I've got access to stuff without having to unpack my bow to get a puffy or rain jacket out of my main bag. Haven't carried a heavy real-life load in it, but I got it for it's function with the bow and in that regard, it works great.

What pockets fit best on the Cargo Panel? I can see the panel being either fantastic or frustrating depending on if you get the right accessories to make it work.

oldgoat

WKR
What pockets fit best on the Cargo Panel? I can see the panel being either fantastic or frustrating depending on if you get the right accessories to make it work.
I think if you watch the video of Aron on the Kifaru webpage for the Cargo Panel, he has it set up pretty well, that's pretty much how we set up my wife's, except we didn't have a Guide Lid which I think would of been a good idea now.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I found it can get comparably expensive to go with CP+Pockets vs. a standalone pack. I have a Hunting Frame, CP, 2 Lg Pockets, 1 Md Pocket, 1 Small Pocket, 1 Mini Pocket for ~$715 new. Keep in mind, used pockets get snatched up quickly, because of the high price.

Its a good system that is very versatile.

Just posted a video I made a few weeks ago...http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?42660-Apollo-or-cargo-panel

jb79

WKR
I was torn, liked the idea but couldnt stand not having an actual bag. Used it for day hunts late season blacktail and it work great, no meat packed though! I ended up with the tahr and have the Apollo coming so still looking for a DAY pack.

Side note the AMR is a turn key bag and still my favorite and the only one I haven't sold!!