Your BHA Dollars at Work?

dwils233

FNG
If that's the same guy, pretty sure he was rendezvous this last year and has since become a hunter. Also, the scholarship is paid for by legacy life members who designed the program and wanted to find away to develop a program that interested them. That said, yeah the article probably didn't do a good job discussing that background because the goal is meet, convert and build college students up into the outdoors that don't come from that space traditionally

Vandy321

WKR
If that's the same guy, pretty sure he was rendezvous this last year and has since become a hunter. Also, the scholarship is paid for by legacy life members who designed the program and wanted to find away to develop a program that interested them. That said, yeah the article probably didn't do a good job discussing that background because the goal is meet, convert and build college students up into the outdoors that don't come from that space traditionally
Sure BHA member, whatever you say.

Are they handing out copies of the talking points at pint night now?

dwils233

FNG
Sure BHA member, whatever you say.

Are they handing out copies of the talking points at pint night now?
Seriously?? All I did was provide clarification for assumptions and stated they did a bad job explaining it...can't attack what I said so you attack me?

Vandy321

WKR
Seriously?? All I did was provide clarification for assumptions and stated they did a bad job explaining it...can't attack what I said so you attack me?

I dont agree that you clarified anything, I do simply see a repeat of BHAs talking points....it's always the same excuse from them when they get called out for their liberal agenda. IMO, BHA has left actual hunters behind and is now forced to find non-hunters to "convert" to keep the membership money coming. Feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

dwils233

FNG
I actually presented anecdotal evidence, not an opinion.

If people want to beef with BHA I don't care. Really. I've heard it before and I respect that people have different opinions about them. I was just saying this is who the kid is, this is where the money comes from according to the person who designed the program and had a say in the selection (the colonel).

I apologize for trying to provide some context instead bias-confirming conjecture.

I’ve bashed BHA plenty, but I can’t find any fault in this scholarship program. They’ve essentially found two kids that are likely going to end up being government bureaucrats and positively introduced them to the hunting community.

I support this particular action by BHA.

All you guys ranting about this should read the details. The scholarship winners have to participate in pro-hunting projects to get the $$. If these people weren’t exposed to our community, they will eventually be sitting in some taxpayer funded office with a negative impression of hunters.

CoStick

WKR
I’ve bashed BHA plenty, but I can’t find any fault in this scholarship program. They’ve essentially found two kids that are likely going to end up being government bureaucrats and positively introduced them to the hunting community.

I support this particular action by BHA.

All you guys ranting about this should read the details. The scholarship winners have to participate in pro-hunting projects to get the $$. If these people weren’t exposed to our community, they will eventually be sitting in some taxpayer funded office with a negative impression of hunters.
Totally agree.

Hoodie

WKR
While we're on the topic of BHA, hop on over to this link, click the top link on their page, and send in a short comment to the WDFW expressing your displeasure at their suspension of spring bear season. There's a pre-written form letter but it always helps to personalize the message.

Thanks

Rknight

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t say I’m surprised from the marketing company that is bha trying to disguise themselves as a conservation org. They’re just in it for the money and the subtle promotion of left wing objectives. Pay attention where your dollars get used, not just what outdoor personalities tell you to do. And I was a big supporter of theirs for a long time before the TX chapter became a joke

Now watch the scholarship kid jump into politics and turn around and dive in with the “environmental” anti groups. 🤣
The “antis” do seem to be reproducing at a much faster rate than the “neutral/pro hunting” crowd. After all, there is no need to hunt animals anymore. Delicious meat is readily available at restaurants and grocery stores, where no animals need to be harmed.