Your take on the use of a Tomahawk

Gonna resurrect this one. I have found a small trappers companion hawk pretty handy in the woods. Pretty compact and lightweight and enough to clear brush, split kinding, make tent stakes and pound them. I've also taken a liking to a mini parang which is a smaller and shorter than most machetes, and with a heavier blade it does a pretty good job on brush clearing, building ground blinds, and splitting smaller pieces for kindling. I usually don't carry both in the field, just one or the other depending on the application.
Round it out with a folding saw and it's all good.

What is bushcrafting? Like arts and crafts but in the woods?
Beats me. It’s got to be similar to “rucking”.

I grew up in the woods and secretly hold a self provided title as one of the most educated rednecks that ever lived. However,
I read some of these little silly made up titles/outdoor “themes” and realize that while I’m not in their click, I was doing that shit while most of them were wiping the milk off of their lips….

I put it in the same camp as the machete. Heavy, not very practical, and makes me question the sanity of a person I see carrying one.
But what if they are in full buckskins or lion cloth depending on the weather of course, and carrying a hawken 50 cal or stick bow depending on season? Would be weird if they didn’t have a tomahawk right?

Back