Youth compound bow?

ssramage

FNG
Thinking about maybe getting my 10 year old son his first compound bow for Christmas. Looking for brand/model recommendations. Thanks!

I bought one of the Mission Hammr bows to rehab my shoulder and I'm pretty impressed with it. Good deal for the money imo.

Adjustable pull weight from like 11 pounds up to 70 and draw length is adjustable as well.

The one I bought was the RTH package and all I added was a stabilizer.

There's alot that goes into this question , especially budget but at his age it is really important to instil good habits from the start if it was my child id get them something very adjustable so he can use it as he grows , aswell as something longer ATA for more forgiveness .

mission hammer
Elite kure
Any of the pse models ( since they can do 10 limb bolt turns )
Something along those lines .

Same as others. My boy has a Diamond by Bowtech. Very easy to change draw length as they grow. 3 screws on each cam slide the metal plate to change it.

OP
S

ssramage

FNG
Thanks for all of the feedback guys! Ended up going through Sportsman's Warehouse and got a Diamond Edge XT for $230. Should be a nice starter bow from what I can tell. (y)

You've already got a lot of different answers and no one said Hoyt Kobalt. I was toying around with youth bows last year and may buy one this holiday season. Hoyt Kobalt was far and away the most impressive (IMO) regarding a balance between price, performance, and finish.

ETA- just realized I was late to this thread.

I’m late to it as well but I agree with dreamingWest. I just purchased a Hoyt Kobalt for my 9 yr old daughter for Christmas. She has been shooting a dandy little recurve but wants a compound really bad “like yours daddy”. Next up will be my 12 yr old boy. He has been shooting a Diamond Atomic since he was 6 and that will passed down to my 6 yr old daughter. The boy is getting a .22 for Christmas this year so I’ll buy him the bow later.

Bought my son a Hoyt Kobalt about a month ago. Great so far. Highly adjustable, holds well for him, and accurate.

Just started my 7 year old on a Mission Hammr, so far it seems pretty good, other than the Scheels guy setting him up with the wrong length of pull, but I got that fixed at home. Just a matter of removing two screws and adjusting. Super easy, no press needed.

Scoot

WKR
My son shot a Mission Craze for his first few years- it was nice and very adjustable. The Elite Ember is definitely a step up from the Craze. I'm mentoring a young boy who's shooting an Ember and I'm really impressed with that bow.

Bowtech Amplify. It adjusts from 8-70 pound pull and 21-30 draw length and weighs in at 4 pounds. I bought one for my son when he was 11. It has been the perfect solution and he will use it until he is old enough to buy his own bow :)