Zamberlan Boots?

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Now that I have got my pack on the way I also need to get new boots this year as my Lowa Tibets just dont fit my feet right and Im tired of being in pain.

I have looked into Crispi and Kenetrek boots but there are no close by local dealers. Id have to order online and hope they work out. The Crispi's return policy is good and the company has been quite helpful via email. Kenetrek dealers return policy is garbage so I dont even want to attempt ordering from them.

I can get Zamberlans locally so I can go in and try them on in person which is nice but I dont know a lot about them, Ive done some research online and they get good reviews and seem like well constructed boots. Now my biggest issue is I have wide feet and I cant find any info if they have wide fitting boots or not. Does anyone know?

BorisZ

FNG
Zamberlan available in a wide last: model # 960 , 996 , 1006 , 1005 , 1013 , 1014 , 1015 , 1017.

I have a pair of 980 outfitter and 1014 lynx. I dont have wide feet but I'd say both boots run a bit narrow. Go to Zamberland home page and print out the sizing comparison chart, it's spot on.

I normally wear a wide boot, however the regular Zamberlan's fit me just right, the wides I was floating in. I'm EE in everything else.

I'd try them locally if that's an option, that's what I did. I can't remember what I originally went to try if it was Crispi or la sportiva, maybe both, but they were too narrow. Seems Zamberlan's are the answer for wide feet, in my experience.

Dented

WKR
I've got 2 pair of Zamberlan. Great boots, but no matter what brand you choose you have to try them on. Only you can decide how they fit. With regard to use, they take an absolute beating and continue to perform. Buy the models made in Italy.

Trial153

WKR
I have had excellent luck with Zamberlan, more so then other brands I that i have had several pairs in.

idig4au

WKR
Zamberlan are great boots that are high quality and well constructed. I’ve been wearing them almost exclusively since 2013. But boot fit is purely subjective and personal.

Not sure what model you are looking at, but the mountaineering styles that I wear 2090, 2092 and the lighter 1110 all run narrow, which is what I require.

Kenetreks seem to run wider. Good quality boot as well and worth trying If you have wider feet. i tried their mountain guides when they first came out as well as mountain extremes but couldn’t get the fit right with either one of them regardless of insole and sock combination. They just don't work on my feet.

I‘ve found that Scarpa tends to run wider as well. I had same issues as with the kenetreks when I tried some of their high performance technical boots.

Asolo boots also are worth considering. I’ve had great luck with the alpine boots made in Italy. Seems their boots made in Romania are wider and don’t fit my feet as well as the Italian counterparts. Asolo were the first pair of boots I had that didn’t require break in. my last pair, I ordered direct from Italy as were no longer offered in USA.

Good luck with you quest for the right boot. Once you find one that works, buy several pairs so you have backup. I’ve spent a small fortune on boots but i learned a lot in the process and understand what my feet require in terms of fit.

Last edited:
OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Ill go and see if they have my size in store and give em a try.

I have a pair of Zamberlan Boots and they fit my wide fit very well... but like others have said, go try them on. Everyone’s feet are different.

I wish more companies would include the width dimensions in their sizing charts. Just reading the previous comments has me confused. Some say they run wide, others say they are narrow. I have been searching for something to replace my Danner pronghorn. I did the goHunt foot measuring. My feet are slightly Narrow with a low arch. I had tried Kenetrek wildland fire boots in 14 but they felt sloppy on my feet. I tried 13s which feel better in width but are probably too short. Unfortunately since I live east of the Mississippi no one seems to stock Crispi, Kenetrek or Zamberlan.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
I have narrow heel / wide forefeet and the wide Zams fit me perfectly - like a glove. I used to use Scarpa or Asolo but the Zams are much more comfortable and just as tough.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
One pair was enough. Never again.
I wouldn't say "never again"........I doubt they'll last forever. My current pair has lasted very well the last 8 years, and even though I will have them resoled soon, I doubt I could go with them for the rest of my life. But I also have two pair of Zamberlans as backups, and a pair of Crispi's that I wear every so often as well. My current pair of Zams are the best boots I've ever had on my feet in 40 years of hunting. Unfortunately, they don't make this model anymore, which is par for the course every time I find "the absolute best" in gear for me.

Terrapin

WKR
Zamberlans are the best boots I’ve ever owned. Don’t know why, but they just fit me and hold up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Zamberlan are generally one full EU size larger than most other boots mentioned here, might be part of the reason they have more roomy toe box for most. In Zamberlan I usually have to go one half size smaller for a good fit.

Zamberlan 11 = 45.5
Crispi US 11 = 44.5
Lowa 11 = 44.5
Meindl 11 = 44.5
Hanwag 11 = 44.5
Scarpa 11 = 44.5 - 45
Schnee 11 = 44.5

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't say "never again"........I doubt they'll last forever. My current pair has lasted very well the last 8 years, and even though I will have them resoled soon, I doubt I could go with them for the rest of my life. But I also have two pair of Zamberlans as backups, and a pair of Crispi's that I wear every so often as well. My current pair of Zams are the best boots I've ever had on my feet in 40 years of hunting. Unfortunately, they don't make this model anymore, which is par for the course every time I find "the absolute best" in gear for me.
I KNOW they won't last forever. I wish my experience was anywhere close to yours. They fit well and I liked them until they fell apart after 8 days in the field. They did replace them after nagging them for a couple months. But I've lost faith in them entirely. Could have easily ruined my buddies sheep hunt. They cost me about $50 per day of use in the field.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Really what model did you use?
Interested as well. I have over 1000 miles on my current pair with just mountain hunting for elk and moose and sheep this year, and I'm 220lbs. Other than normal wear marks and the soles wearing down to almost slicks, they've been perfect. Were yours made in Italy?

I sold another model back in 2012 that were really heavy and didn't fit as well, but my Leopards and Dakota's have been great.

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
I had nowhere near 1000 miles on these. I'm normally 220-225#. This is after 8 days in the field. I did wear them around town for a few days getting used to them before the hunting season. I wear OR crocodiles so where the crack or split is in the boot was covered with a gaitor. No cut in the gator, so its not from a rock or something like that.

Maybe I got a lemon. I don't know. I have the replacement boots they sent me sitting in a box. They will not be going into the mountains on my feet.

n8dItbv.jpg

nnX1CDE.jpg