Zenbivy?

Anybody used one or seen one in person? Seems to solve a few problem with quilts but not all of them. The gap between the footbox and the side zippers may be difficult to keep drafts out.

Thoughts?

I brought this up a couple weeks ago on here. Im keeping a close eye on it also. Seems to be the best of all worlds but time will tell

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
Would definitely like a follow up. I'm a side sleeper and dont think the mummy bag will work for me. I've been looking for reviews on it from back country hunters but haven't came up with much. I'll end up ordering it more than likely.

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
Me too, I'm worried about quality compared to the more proven brands. Color me cautious but the social media based direct marketing companies don't usually bring the quality that established conventional retailers do. I know times are changing but I'm not interested at being the guinnea pig at that pricing point.

I just received my zenbivy light yesterday. Out of the box it seems like a slam dunk. I am a thicker guy (6'1" 260) and I toss when I sleep. It seems this will give me ample room and room to roll around at night. I had a mummy bag with a wide foot box, but I could never sleep comfortably because I felt constricted. I went with the 25 degree quilt and the 40 degree sheet. The only real difference in the sheets is the amount of down in the hood area. It also saves you a few bucks too. I seep warm so I was confident that the 25 degree quilt and a base layer will get me to 20 degrees easily.

Weight isn't much different from my 20 degree bag. I like the hook and loop setup as well, no more messing with zippers getting bound up in the dark and looking for a headlamp.

idcuda

WKR
Good to hear it's working for some folks. It's surprising how little info is out there, aside from the free trial blog reviews. I'm going to order one soon - I can't take the mummy bags any longer.

idcuda

WKR
Ordered mine today - I got the 10-degree large quilt and 25-degree mattress. At 25% off and free shipping, I couldn't resist.

NrthFrk16

Lil-Rokslider
Came very close to ordering last summer but went with Katabatic Flex Quilt instead just because I couldn’t find any seemingly unbiased reviews. I had no doubt the setup would work and be really comfortable but was unsure about the quality or temp rating. Quilt was a huge improvement over a mummy bag for a side sleeper like me but am still intrigued by the Zenbivy and looking forward to more feedback.

Came very close to ordering last summer but went with Katabatic Flex Quilt instead just because I couldn’t find any seemingly unbiased reviews. I had no doubt the setup would work and be really comfortable but was unsure about the quality or temp rating. Quilt was a huge improvement over a mummy bag for a side sleeper like me but am still intrigued by the Zenbivy and looking forward to more feedback.

How do you like your Katabatic? I just ordered one but still very hesitant about a quilt and the brand choice I went with compared to everyone else.

NrthFrk16

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like your Katabatic? I just ordered one but still very hesitant about a quilt and the brand choice I went with compared to everyone else.

it’s great. Agonized over EE vs Katabatic but the strap system works great, so much more comfortable then a mummy bag. Had it into the mid-20s and felt like It had another 10 degrees in it. Might consider an Elite with the closed footbox for really cold temps in the future.

I carried mine for 7 days in archery in Colorado. No complaints at all. Compacts easy, great system for those of us who are side sleepers or like to move around when you sleep. I have the 25 degree quilt and 40 degree sheet. At 30-35 degrees I could sleep in a T-shirt and boxers and still had to crack open the quilt because I was hot. If I had one knock to give, it would be that the hood portion is fairly useless if you use any type of pillow. It works to keep the pillow in place, but don't count on it for much protection. I use a Thermarest small travel pillow and it filled up the hood area. The only other downside is the sheet configuration requires the use of a square ground mat, which adds a bit of weight.

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
I used mine for 4 days in Colorado with Temps around 50 degrees. It's the first one I've ever used so I don't have much to judge off of. I have the 20 degree quilt. I love how compact it is but the actual mat is not very compact and I couldnt find a comfortable spot when sleeping on my side. The mat was either to low allowing my hip to rest on the ground or had to much air in it making the rest of my body uncomfortable. The quilt itself thou is amazing and at 50 degrees I slept in boxers and still had to take it off constantly throu the night due to being to hot.

idcuda

WKR
I finally got some use at cold temps and it was great. It hit mid - teens outside and I was in a SO redcliff tipi and I had no problems. I run it rectangle style and I can sleep so much better than when I'm in a mummy.

JNDEER

WKR
Been a few months since the last update... any others care to chime in or those who have been using it care to give more updates?

anyone looking to get the light version with clips as oppose to the zipper version?