Zinger fletches

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
As an archery newbie who is just getting into fletching my own arrows, these new zinger fletches really caught my eye. Does anyone have any experience with them?

TheViking

WKR
Ordered some for the hell of it. Not impressed. Cheaply made on a 3D printer, couldn’t get it off my arrow without pliers. Never even shot them, they turned me off just playing with them.

Zac

WKR
The problem with these things and FOBS is that it prevents people from learning how to fletch. Fletching arrows is my favorite past time, and something I thoroughly enjoy. Besides you probably will wan't to customize your fletching someday to meet your specific needs. Having said that I think these products both stabilize broadheads well enough to be serviceable.

Hoot

WKR
Fletching arrows is my favorite past time, and something I thoroughly enjoy.

Yeah, but you live in Utah...

All kidding aside, I agree with you, arrow building should be the first thing everyone does on their own, even if you have to go to the pro-shop for other tuning. These and the shrink wrap ones don't offer the customization ability that I am after in my builds...

Zac

WKR
Yeah, but you live in Utah...

All kidding aside, I agree with you, arrow building should be the first thing everyone does on their own, even if you have to go to the pro-shop for other tuning. These and the shrink wrap ones don't offer the customization ability that I am after in my builds...
Lol I moved to Wyoming.

OP
P

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
The benefit I saw was that I'd be able to throw a 3 fletch or 4 fletch at various degrees offset on quickly to test out without having to glue things up and then strip fletching. Seemed like less chance of messing up my nice arrows (for someone who hasn't done any fletching before). Also seemed cheaper than the up front cost of having to buy a fletching jig, although that would pay itself off over time

Zac

WKR
It is definitely cheaper, if your not someone that obsesses over how your arrow looks it would probably work fine for you. I have heard they can stabilize a Magnus Stinger which is a fairly large surface head. 6 degree offset on 4 vanes may slow you down considerably. You'd just have to shoot them next to standard fletches to check. A lot of opinions on how offset effects distance.

Zac

WKR
Was tuning a friend's Realm X today. Got it shooting perfect holes at 21 feet with bare shafts. Everytime he added a Zinger it resulted in an awful tear. Does this make sense to anyone. They were also supposed to be 6 degree offset and looked entirely straight.

Was tuning a friend's Realm X today. Got it shooting perfect holes at 21 feet with bare shafts. Everytime he added a Zinger it resulted in an awful tear. Does this make sense to anyone. They were also supposed to be 6 degree offset and looked entirely straight.
Did you ever figure this out ?
In my mind the fletching is doing the tearing NOT the shaft !

Zac

WKR
Did you ever figure this out ?
In my mind the fletching is doing the tearing NOT the shaft !
No man my friend was running them, I had nothing vested in getting them to work. He fletched up some Blazers and we got readable tears after that.