21e30dab1793ddfc09f8944e2a20a864.jpg
aeedb10759f62a2913814b15eb67962e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

chops24

WKR
55f88fea03675c69d435d90bd9fe9b42.jpg

Sheep hunt is over for the weekend. There will be more through the month. The Exo was awesome. I am looking forward to putting the frames through the paces in the upcoming weeks. Thanks for tagging along!

Definitely looking forward to your conclusion on the frames. I am actually looking at the Exo 5500 or Kifaru Reckoning. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

OP
C

chops24

WKR
I hope so too! Work has been crazy. Have a new training buddy. Tire chains. Very bag-o-meat ish.
7baaadb28a8d4ca3349d32d9502e35f0.jpg

sr80

WKR
With that bag for chains, does the frame bow at all? Hate my my kifaru frame wants to turn inside out when i tighten down the compression straps

I can attest that it does not bow with a load like that. It's rock solid vertically, yet lets you twist and flex with the pack on because of the tubular titanium frame. The K2 frame is an awesome design! I've packed half a spike elk without the pack bowing at all.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I bought a duplex as a satisfied exo customer because the kool aid sounded delicious. I didn't keep the kifaru long.

Maybe I couldnt get the kifaru setup right but the exo handled weight more comfortably than a 26" duplex for me and is a significant improvement in light load comfort.

OP
C

chops24

WKR
I didn’t Notice any bowing it all. But it’s only 45 pounds

OP
C

chops24

WKR
welp. sad day today, as I am at work and it is the last day for the primo sheep hunting units. I was unable to fill my tag there but I will continue to hit it in the over the counter units.

Between the sheep hunts, letting buddies use the packs, training for the marathon carrying everything from rocks to tire chains and then loaded with gear and water, I have decided to stick with the Exo. I loved the Kifaru but the Exo just fits me better and I really like the bag layout. I followed the PDF on how to get and keep the Kifaru fitted and comfortable but I like the simplicity and comfort of the Exo a little better. I liked the frame portion of the Kifaru with the two stays, as you can tilt your head back more, where my dome hits the Exo if I try to look straight up, but connecting and disconnecting the Exo bag as well as the capability to haul loads between the bag and frame on the Exo and the simplicity of it all won me over.

sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while as work gets crazy but I will update this thread from time to time. feel free to ask any questions! thank you guys for following along!

I will definitely post up when I get some meat hauled! Apps are in or will be in soon for NM, CO, UT, and AZ! bring on the shed hunting too!!!!

Awesome man! Thanks for sharing! Glad the Exo worked for you! Both great packs for sure though!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
welp. sad day today, as I am at work and it is the last day for the primo sheep hunting units. I was unable to fill my tag there but I will continue to hit it in the over the counter units.

Between the sheep hunts, letting buddies use the packs, training for the marathon carrying everything from rocks to tire chains and then loaded with gear and water, I have decided to stick with the Exo. I loved the Kifaru but the Exo just fits me better and I really like the bag layout. I followed the PDF on how to get and keep the Kifaru fitted and comfortable but I like the simplicity and comfort of the Exo a little better. I liked the frame portion of the Kifaru with the two stays, as you can tilt your head back more, where my dome hits the Exo if I try to look straight up, but connecting and disconnecting the Exo bag as well as the capability to haul loads between the bag and frame on the Exo and the simplicity of it all won me over.

sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while as work gets crazy but I will update this thread from time to time. feel free to ask any questions! thank you guys for following along!

I will definitely post up when I get some meat hauled! Apps are in or will be in soon for NM, CO, UT, and AZ! bring on the shed hunting too!!!!
As an FYI, it's really easy to use the Exo bags on the Kifaru frame (that's what I do). The Exo frame is nice as well but if you were liking enough about the Kifaru frame (not hitting your head, etc) it's another option to consider.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
C

chops24

WKR
i thought about that but the overall comfort of the Exo with light to moderate (normal hunting) loads still made it a better choice for me. the fact that I hit my head a little bit on the Exo is very minor and something I can definitely live with.

twall13

WKR
I can't argue with that, I think the Exo is more comfortable under lighter loads as well. The real reason I switched was because I have a long torso and didn't get enough lift from the load lifters on the exo under heavy loads. It still worked well, but the Kifaru is definitely more comfortable for me under heavy loads. I decided that was more important to me but it certainly isn't for everyone and if the Exo had a taller frame I'd probably still be happily using it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk