The Hoagie Stogie

This is a nice backpack lunch idea. I have made this type of thing before but I make this specific way now to make it really easy to pack and no prep in the field. I call it the hoagie stogie...

You know like a hoagie sandwich rolled up like a stogie. They are easy to make. They fit perfectly in a zip lock bag so you can roll them up tight, if I had a vacuum sealer I would use that. A couple of them is a good lunch for me. Here is some pics of the steps to make it.

IMG_2873.jpgIMG_2874.jpgIMG_2875.jpg

I wish I could figure out to post pictures. If I do them from my computer then they wont open in the post, if I do photo bucket it says the photo is to large, if I re-size it says invalid link. So... not sure if my pictures even work? My post sucks pretty bad if they don't.

Last edited:

WillieIV

FNG
Great idea! Run a line of Siracha along side the cheese and I've got a new favorite lunch! :cool:

OP
jquarnberg
Ya I usually throw some type of sauce in the zip lock to add to it or dip it in. A chilula packet from maverick or my favorite is a packet of olive oil and vinegar from subway. These rolls seem to last pretty well too, at least a few days have not been an issue. But this will be my first trip with them pre rolled up like this. I think I will do two rolls per zip lock with one pack of subway olive oil and vinegar and call it lunch.

Last edited:
OP
jquarnberg
We made some of these up today for the hunt this weekend and we added a strip of pre cooked bacon down the middle as well.