Gila, anyone?

NoWiser

WKR
My dad and I only applied for the elk hunt and I'm 95% sure I remembered to check the refund box. It won't let either of us buy the game license. I'm on pins and needles but if this backdoor approach really works, we'll be headed to somewhere in the Gila come September!! It will be our second ever elk hunt so I'm pumped!! We had so many close calls in Wyoming last year. Hopefully we can get it done this year!

Hope you get it NoWiser! It will allow me to put a big game license in my shopping cart so Im thinking I'm SOL.

NoWiser

WKR
Well, my Game License for NM is now printable for me and on the receipt it say "Refund Option: Yes". So, this tells me that my dad and I definitely drew archery Gila tags!! The big question now is which choice did we get? I'll be thrilled with any of them!! :D

JPD350

WKR
Very cool NoWiser, you can't go wrong with any unit down there! you should know by the end of the day with an e-mail.

Bribow

FNG
First post on here...17 2nd archery! I'll expect exact locations of all good spots with GPS coordinates!;)

Outwest

WKR
I missed out on my 16b tag this year but I lucked out for 34. Congrats to you lucky dudes headed to the gila in september!

Outwest

WKR
Got 16B early archery elk. I live in Almogordo, so if you need anything let me know.
Congrats man! Thats the hunt I wanted! I graduated from Cloudcroft but living in Portales right now. Im gonna get some hate for this, but this is my 3rd time in a row drawing that early season archery hunt in 34.

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
16b rifle again for me this year! Feeling super lucky. Can't wait to get back down there!

jonny5

Riplip

WKR
Lucky enough to have drawn Gila 16B, 3rd season archery. Going in on horses/drop camp (1st for me). Unfortunately have not stepped foot in the unit and would love to get some feedback from anyone that has hunted the area. Terrain, water, weather, etc. Been hitting the maps pretty hard and have a fairly good grasp on areas we are going to hunt. Just looking for some general info or recommendations on hunting the area. Thanks and god luck to everyone this fall.

JPD350

WKR
You are going to have a blast! if you are not hearing them keep moving, lots of bulls pushing the herds all over the place, be aggressive.

I like to work the ridges, many of them are not real wide and you can work them really well, draw the bulls out of the side canyons and kill them on top, those canyons can be steep as hell.

Good luck everyone I can't wait to see all the Gila bull pics!!