I need new boots/ solomon quest fans

I need new boots... My go to footwear for the last few years have been the solomon quests. That is just the best fitting boot I have worn so far, not that I have tried all brands though. I am looking for a new boot that offers the same type of fit but is more sturdy. The solomons just wear out too fast and I'd like something with a more aggressive sole. I don't want a sheep boot, I'm not into the super stiff stuff. What have you solomon fans also liked?

novcie870

WKR
I recently picked up some Asolo Neutrons from Sierra Trading Post to replace my Quests. I love them so far, but cant comment on durability yet. Just something else to consider. Semi stiff sole.

You and I are looking for the same thing. The 4d's fit me well, but the lack of under foot protection and running shoe stiffness has me looking else wear.

wyosteve

WKR
I have a pair of Meindls, a model they don't list any longer, i.e. Katmandu, that have been great for what you've described. Might check if they make a similar boot.

I use Meindle Delani's and danner pronghorns mostly. I got a set of solomon quests to try last year. great fitting, very comfy but man were they COLD. My feet froze in anything under 40 degrees. Loved the boot but just too cold.
Its kind of hard to find a semi soft flexing boot that still has support. Kennetreck has some good looking boots, several models for different types of use. I hear nothing but good about them.

tommy

FNG
just got some scarpa triolet proo gtxs and so far love them on closeout at backcountry.com for $227 shipped

Akicita

WKR
I need new boots... My go to footwear for the last few years have been the solomon quests. That is just the best fitting boot I have worn so far, not that I have tried all brands though. I am looking for a new boot that offers the same type of fit but is more sturdy. The solomons just wear out too fast and I'd like something with a more aggressive sole. I don't want a sheep boot, I'm not into the super stiff stuff. What have you solomon fans also liked?

Scarpa R-Evolution GTX or Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX - Around the same cost and a much, much better boot.

Scarpa R-Evolution GTX or Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX - Around the same cost and a much, much better boot.

I'm using those R-Evolutions now and they are much narrower and less toe volume than my 4d's. Really love the shoe otherwise.

Black Dog

FNG
Wore out a pair of Quest 4D's last year. They held up well for what I put them through, but too soft soled. Just got a pair of AKU Viaz and really like them. They are stiffer soled, but not sheep boot stiff. This is my second pair of AKU and they are good boots, just don't have much of a following here in US. I wear half a size up in them.