lightweight waders crocs sheep hunt

keller

WKR
hello everyone going on my first sheep hunt in 2018 looking for the best, lightest, most durable way to cross streams would prefer not to take boots and clothes off.have heard gamehides and wiggies waders are good for a short time before they wear through ?but don't want to carry hip boots either.
thanks john

bpctcb

WKR
I bought a pair of wiggys for similar use. I did add lines or "tread" of shoe goo to the bottom to increase life expectancy. They work perfect for me. I keep them each in a medium pouch on the bottom sides of my Kifaru EMR2 and I can put them on without removing my pack. Sure beats stopping to remove boots.

BP

Stikine

FNG
I've used the Wiggy's waders on several sheep hunts and I think they work pretty well. The key to minimizing leaks is to only put them on to cross the stream and take them off as soon as you reach the other side.

Beendare

WKR
I have the wiggys and had to do the shoe goo thing as a thin sole....

It doesn't take but one crossing with sharp rocks to get those things leaking.

one of these days I'm going to sew up a custom set that fits better with a thin sole

Here’s another option. Not the lightest option but durable and you don’t have to remove anything.
0872655b540bb0224eece6ff1d7908d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member

Stid2677

WKR
Mine some of my old sheep post and you will see the many options I have used. Crocs and swift water are a BAD idea, they tend to get lost in swift current. One key for me to save the wiggy's is to use my graitors to hold them on, they will get pulled off in the current and get cut on sharp shale. The gaiters will hold them in place and also prevent the upper from parachuting in the current. I have used all the above mentioned and more.

The Barney's Sourdough Slipper is the same thing as NEOS.