Lil-Rokslider
Hunt, Harvest, Health
The Hunt Backcountry Podcast
Gritty Bowmen
Rich Outdoors
Eastmans Elevated
Avery Adventures
Beyond the Kill
The Muley Freak Podcast (shameless plug...I'm the host;)
Hunt Talk Radio
Cam Hanes
Team Never Quit

I look for and listen to the episodes that I'm most interested in at the time. All of the above podcasts have hosts that work hard to deliver good content. There are a lot of good choices out there for us to enjoy.

jwatts

WKR
Hunt, Harvest, Health
The Hunt Backcountry Podcast
Gritty Bowmen
Rich Outdoors
Eastmans Elevated
Avery Adventures
Beyond the Kill
The Muley Freak Podcast (shameless plug...I'm the host;)
Hunt Talk Radio
Cam Hanes
Team Never Quit

I look for and listen to the episodes that I'm most interested in at the time. All of the above podcasts have hosts that work hard to deliver good content. There are a lot of good choices out there for us to enjoy.

I will add some of those to the list.

I agree, there are a lot of options out there. I download all episodes and weed through what I do and don't want to listen to.

sr80

WKR
The last Beyond the Kill episode was a good one, going over equipment and gear used on a late season BC goat hunt, definitely worth a listen

Scottyboy

WKR
Cam Hanes, for the one every 8 months he does. Joe Rogan. Team never quit. Meat eater. Just started Avery adventures and have been hearing about rookie hunter, once I clear some space on my phone will be subscribing.

atcflick

FNG
I will try to give the insight of someone who does a podcast. "southern draw podcast" is the name of our podcast if you wanted to know. Our first episodes were not the best, but our latest I would say are pretty good. I will say doing a podcast is a lot of work. I might listen to one of our podcast three or four times before we release it. When you are putting in 2-4 hours per episode I can understand why people would want to monetize it. Let's be honest 99% of us are not going to pay for a podcast. I know I sure as hell won't. So that podcaster is left with running some sort of ad to generate some cash flow. That said I hate ads in the middle of a podcast it totally ruins the flow. I think it's okay to have them in their just put them in the beginning or end of the podcast. The other thing that is tricky with ads is how much money was the influence to use that company vs the other guys. In the end podcasting is content based entertainment. If it's entertaining for an hour you will stay and if it's not you will move on to a podcast that you enjoy.

Kilboars

WKR
I will try to give the insight of someone who does a podcast. "southern draw podcast" is the name of our podcast if you wanted to know. Our first episodes were not the best, but our latest I would say are pretty good. I will say doing a podcast is a lot of work. I might listen to one of our podcast three or four times before we release it. When you are putting in 2-4 hours per episode I can understand why people would want to monetize it. Let's be honest 99% of us are not going to pay for a podcast. I know I sure as hell won't. So that podcaster is left with running some sort of ad to generate some cash flow. That said I hate ads in the middle of a podcast it totally ruins the flow. I think it's okay to have them in their just put them in the beginning or end of the podcast. The other thing that is tricky with ads is how much money was the influence to use that company vs the other guys. In the end podcasting is content based entertainment. If it's entertaining for an hour you will stay and if it's not you will move on to a podcast that you enjoy.

Thanks for the insight.
Don't beat yourself up about advertisers, we all know how advertisement work. It's nice to listen to free podcast but we know you guys also need to pay bills.

I'll check your podcast out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR

i agree with advertisements in the middle, in the beginning and end...no big deal, but yea in the middle seems to ruin it. i will also be checking yours out.

Kilboars

WKR
Anybody else notice how much time these podcasters have to waste clarifying what's their saying for the haters out there so they don't get there words twisted around?

We live in such a sensitive world everyone everyone is super careful about not hurting someone's feelings.

atcflick

FNG
Anybody else notice how much time these podcasters have to waste clarifying what's their saying for the haters out there so they don't get there words twisted around?

We live in such a sensitive world everyone everyone is super careful about not hurting someone's feelings.

This is true, our culture is super soft.

Yankee

FNG
Not to jump on the Gritty Bowmen bash train, but the last few were deleted fairly quickly from my phone.. Lately, I can tell from the description whether this is going to be a stroke-fest for whichever company is being sponsored for that particular episode, ie. the recent episode on Kimber.

For non-hunting podcasts, because I"m a geek (and a scientist), I like Stuff You Should Know, 99% Invisible, The Black Tapes and The No Sleep Podcast.

sodak

FNG
Looks like the hunting side of this has been covered. My non-hunting podcasts:

British History Podcast
Dan Carolan's Hardcore History
99% Invisible
Decode the News

Gritty , nock on , fantasy footballers , bow junky cbs fantasy football

I would have to agree with gritty not being good lately, honestly they lost a lot of my respect when Aron shot an elk and watched it wobbly and sick then shoot another one and say that's normal. Major turn off, I don't believe that should even be legal. Just my feeling on it. They can do some great podcasts but it's hard to listen to them now.

Well I have to apologize for this post, although the podcast has been not so great in my opinion I have still found a few decent ones mixed in. My apology is for the shooting an elk and leaving it wounded then shooting another comment, the film I watched was edited to give me that impression, I just listened to the latest podcast and this incident was explained further and seemed to be handled much different in reality. So sorry for my disparaging remarks and spit us out some more shows with hunt stories. Thanks and sorry

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
Same hunting ones. But ill add randy newberg, muley freak, exo hunt backcountry, blackhearted (by black rifle coffee), and wired to hunt (geared towards eastern hunters mostly but good stuff often).
Apparently Aron Snyder is going to have his own and im
Excited for that.

sdavis721

FNG
I listen to a lot of the big hunting podcasts like Gritty Bowmen,MeatEaster, Rich Outdoors, Hunt Backcounty, Bow Junky, Hunt Talk Radio, Beyond the Kill, Nock on, Hunt Harvest Health, and Avery Adventures to name a few. I also listen to JRE, Ben Greenfield Fitness, The EVRYMAN Podcast, and the motocross ones by Steve Matthes, The Pulpmx Show, The Steve Matthes Show and the Moto:60 show.