What Podcasts are you listening to?

It's not a hunting podcast, but Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs has a short story podcast called, The way I heard it. The content is great and if you only have a couple of minutes they are perfect. If you are binge listening, they can get cumbersome because of intro commercials, but its part of the game and I get to listen for free so, it is what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My current list:

Hunting:
Randy Newberg
Gritty Bowmen older stuff
Avery Adventures now as well

Sermons:
Francis Chan
Mark Driscoll
Tim Keller

Other:
Stuff You Should Know

jlsteel

FNG
I am quite liking the rich outdoors podcast lately, the ones ive listened to have been hunt stories and gear talk.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Meat Eater
Hunt Talk
Hunt Harvest Health
Nock on(Just started listing a month ago and still way behind)
Gritty
Keep Hammering

sr80

WKR
Take a listen to Beyond the kill. Great podcast about mountain hunts etc, Adam just had steven drake on there, few other guys from sitka as well. Definitely one of the best hunting podcasts, not the same old stuff you hear on everyone elses podcast.

Art Vandeley

Lil-Rokslider
Eastmans Elevated is my favorite which was started by Brian Barney and then he teamed up with Eastmans. Great content and story telling on that one.

Meateater can be good, Newbergs, I like Rogans with the right guests.

For comedy, Bill Burr's is hard to beat!

TheCougar

WKR
Gritty Bowmen, but how I have a whole bunch more to check out. Also Wood Talk, Stuff You Missed in History Class, Hardcore History, and Ravi Zacharias, and my church sermons.

Also, for the guys complaining about ads and sponsor pitches during a podcast: it's not legit to whine about something you got for free, be it Rokslide or a podcast, or anything else for that matter. Sure it could be better, but then again we could not have these resources at all. Something about "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" strikes a bell.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Gritty Bowmen, but how I have a whole bunch more to check out. Also Wood Talk, Stuff You Missed in History Class, Hardcore History, and Ravi Zacharias, and my church sermons.

Also, for the guys complaining about ads and sponsor pitches during a podcast: it's not legit to whine about something you got for free, be it Rokslide or a podcast, or anything else for that matter. Sure it could be better, but then again we could not have these resources at all. Something about "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" strikes a bell.

Nobody is complaining about adds. Its when the entire podcast is essentially a pitch for the product which is what Gritty Bowmen is becoming. Meateater has lots of adds but the adds are not the content of the show itself. And it's not whining to say "I don't want to listen to an hour of that therefore I don't like it."

WKR
Hunt Talk w/Randy Newburg

The Hunt Backcountry Podcast

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bmcox86

WKR
Nobody is complaining about adds. Its when the entire podcast is essentially a pitch for the product which is what Gritty Bowmen is becoming. Meateater has lots of adds but the adds are not the content of the show itself. And it's not whining to say "I don't want to listen to an hour of that therefore I don't like it."
I haven't heard an add on the meateater podcast in over a year unless you consider the t-shirt s and ad

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't heard an add on the meateater podcast in over a year unless you consider the t-shirt s and ad

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm only on episode 8. No adds is even better

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had only seen a few and then I switched to an Iphone. So I'll give an updated list.

Avery Adventures, Hunt the Backcountry, Jocko Podcast, Bigger Pockets, Wired to Hunt, Team Never Quit, Hunt Talk Radio, Meat Eater, JRE, Gritty, Veterinay journals, Veterinary Clinical, Veterinay Marketing.

I know it's a big list, but I listen to them during surgery, driving to farm calls, writing charts, and I fly a lot.

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
Eastmans elevated, hunt harvest health, shoot n the bull, archery maniacs, Avery adventures are the newer ones I listen to a lot now. For anyone wanting some good laughs, episode 51 of hunt talk with Fred Eichler and kyle lamb was entertaining. That actually turned me onto Kyle lambs podcast called team VTAC with Kyle Lamb. I've listed to 2 of the 4 so far and it's got potential

agree with this
example,, newberg, rogan, will do the ads at start of podcast, (i fast forward through this) then i have hours of great content and stories...

it just feels forced to me on other shows.

dotman

WKR
Man how do you guys find time for all these podcasts?

I've listened to Gritty randomly, Randy Newberg randomly and Avery randomly when I can make time, I don't spend a lot of time driving.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting ready to hit the road for 13 hours downloaded a few from each podcast I hadn't hear yet to give them a try. I actually look forward to some drive time now but not 13 hours

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Full draw full time is pretty good, I love the semi live from the mountain casts they do during hunting season. South cox and Cody Kellum.