Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

WALL TENTS

Your choice of a second door or screen window free of charge.

Free shipping

Best prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bought a new Montana Canvas and after setting it up to make the frame I found all sorts of poor workmanship. I needed tent so when I called MC they said use it and call us when your seasons are over. Used it and then stuck it on the porch with a prepaid label from MC and a new one showed up on the porch a week or so later.
    I will buy my next one from MC due to that CS.

A word of cause is to never buy this kind of thing close to the season because these places are way too busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Davis will rent you one and you can try it out for a season. People have their preferences on pole systems but Davis recommended external so that's what I went with. I setup my 10x12 solo each year. They have a video if you're not familiar with that setup (no cutting of lodge poles needed). I believe it sets the tent much tighter, it's lighter, and definitely easier to setup and take down in the wind.

Post Thanks / Like
    any one have a used wall tent they would like to part with?

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_1682.jpg

Love my wall tent shop tent 14x16 IMG_1682.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Davis...by a landslide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to derail or steal the OP topics, but can anyone recommend a good shop for repairs or add on to an existing tent? I just inherited an old one with short walls (2 feet) and would like the have the tent added on for either 4 or 5 foot walls

Post Thanks / Like
    I just sold my Davis, but if I were to go the wall tent direction again I would buy Davis in a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's been said and I reinforce going with Davis. I just bought one last winter and I can't say enough about the quality. I've had friends with Montana Canvas. Sheridan tent and awning's and others and would readily buy from Davis again. Also, the customer service is world class. I think you'll get a quality tent from Many places. I really believe Davis as being the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought a Davis 12x14. Great people to deal with. Quality tent.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is everyone using for a floor with their wall tents? Anyone have experience with the full floors from Davis Tent with the zip out for the stove or something similar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Davis here also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CAhunter View Post
    What is everyone using for a floor with their wall tents? Anyone have experience with the full floors from Davis Tent with the zip out for the stove or something similar?
    I use the full floor from davis with the zip out for the stove. Basically a heavy duty tarp that you lay out (not zipped or connected to the canvas tent in any way). I see no reason to go with a different option unless you wanted to make your own or just don't want a floor. I prefer a floor. My tent is a 10x12 and I rented a 14x16 this year since I had family in camp. They don't provide a floor for the rentals so I just put down two tarps and folded them to leave one corner open for the stove. No issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've mostly used carpet scraps for floor in the past. If its really wet water can soak through and get muddy depending on where you are, but burning the stove will generally dry things out well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the floor canvas or another material?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslap View Post
    I use the full floor from davis with the zip out for the stove. Basically a heavy duty tarp that you lay out (not zipped or connected to the canvas tent in any way). I see no reason to go with a different option unless you wanted to make your own or just don't want a floor. I prefer a floor. My tent is a 10x12 and I rented a 14x16 this year since I had family in camp. They don't provide a floor for the rentals so I just put down two tarps and folded them to leave one corner open for the stove. No issues.
    Is the Davis floor canvas or another material?

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy duty tarp like material, not canvas. Not slick like a standard cheap tarp. Not sure if it's vinyl or poly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslap View Post
    Heavy duty tarp like material, not canvas. Not slick like a standard cheap tarp. Not sure if it's vinyl or poly.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    No floor in mine a small rug is all..I keep mine pretty simple cot and stove only there to grab some food and sleep and plan next hunt🤙
    Elk Hunter from Hell
    Rokslide Staff

Post Thanks / Like
    My floor is heavy poly tarp, w carpet between cots.