Colorado Draw Update Thread

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It doesn't matter what I draw or don't draw at this point. My plans won't be finalized either way until right before I leave the house in September. Given how dry it is and has been, my plans might be dictated more by the fires than anything else. This might be a good year for me to go to Idaho.

From another forum, may or may not be accurate:

moose today elk wednesday deer and lopes thursday

This is not what I wanted to see! But at least there is somewhat of a timeline now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvrk28

WKR
From another forum, may or may not be accurate:

moose today elk wednesday deer and lopes thursday

I called CPW and asked if there was any specific species schedule and they told me there is no specific schedule but that most results will be posting around noon each day. That could just be the scripted get the called off the phone response though so take it with more than one grain of salt.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Did you guys see this little nugget on their draw page?

[h=3]If you do not pay for your license by the deadline[/h]If we are unable to charge the credit card on file in your cpwshop.com account and you fail to pay for your license online, by phone, or at a CPW location by the deadline (BIG GAME: June 20, 2018),

• Your license is surrendered
  • You lose the license
  • You lose any and all preference points you used to draw that license.

talk about a kick in the goads! Not only will you lose your license, you will lose all your points. I predict a lynch-mob at the CPW if they actually do this.

Slim Jim

WKR

[h=3]If you do not pay for your license by the deadline[/h]If we are unable to charge the credit card on file in your cpwshop.com account and you fail to pay for your license online, by phone, or at a CPW location by the deadline (BIG GAME: June 20, 2018),

• You lose the license

talk about a kick in the goads! Not only will you lose your license, you will lose all your points. I predict a lynch-mob at the CPW if they actually do this.

At least they give you about 2 weeks to get it paid after results. In NV if your card isn’t updated at draw you surrender your tag. You don’t lose your points though. That’s pretty rough

• You lose the license

I think it is fair. When you sit down at the poker table do they let you bet more than the chips you have? I think they did it as a way to make sure that if you apply you are serious about it. Maybe a way to keep some people from just applying and then decide later “nah I don’t want this tag I’ll just forfeit it and let it go to the leftover draw”. Makes it more fair for everyone in my mind. But you are right it is harsh!

• You lose the license

So will they charge the card you submitted like most states already do as soon as you’re drawn? Or will we have to go and pay after we know we drew? Kinda confused... I’m used to just seeing the credit card hit instead of all this emails and waiting on the portal, or they already have my check and I don’t have to concern myself with the payment anyways...

So will they charge the card you submitted like most states already do as soon as you’re drawn? Or will we have to go and pay after we know we drew? Kinda confused... I’m used to just seeing the credit card hit instead of all this emails and waiting on the portal, or they already have my check and I don’t have to concern myself with the payment anyways...

From what I understand is they will keep trying to charge your card until it processes it until the 20th. They will contact you somehow if the card is denied.

From what I understand is they will keep trying to charge your card until it processes it until the 20th. They will contact you somehow if the card is denied.

Gotcha... thank ya sir.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
oh I didn't say it wasn't fair! But with no license actually issued, seems cruel to keep a man's points.

Thinking about it, though, probably keeps people from applying if they don't know for sure they'll actually go but want to "reserve" a license.

sndmn11

WKR
oh I didn't say it wasn't fair! But with no license actually issued, seems cruel to keep a man's points.

Thinking about it, though, probably keeps people from applying if they don't know for sure they'll actually go but want to "reserve" a license.

It is because some folks have figured out that they can draw a tag, say with three points, it stays out of other folks hands, and then they turn it in a month and a few days before the season to get their points back, then turn around and buy it as a "leftover" the following day. It was a pretty simple way to get your tag year after year after year.

AdamW

WKR
Robby, what is wrong with you? This thread is nothing but mental torture until the end of the week. There hasn't been this much drama since the Vortex spotter deal thread in Gear Deals.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Foldem

WKR
It is because some folks have figured out that they can draw a tag, say with three points, it stays out of other folks hands, and then they turn it in a month and a few days before the season to get their points back, then turn around and buy it as a "leftover" the following day. It was a pretty simple way to get your tag year after year after year.

I don't see how this new system prevents this? I like it, have some skin in the game if you're playing the new $3 lotto. I'm sure there's an appeal process for extenuating circumstances.

sndmn11

WKR
I don't see how this new system prevents this? I like it, have some skin in the game if you're playing the new $3 lotto. I'm sure there's an appeal process for extenuating circumstances.

The difference is that the license is never issued to someone, so CPW has continuous control. I haven't read what happens to the license if it isn't paid for, but I would imagine it is either re-issued to someone else who applied (although that might get wonky if you made other plans) or it gets put into the mayhem of whatever that one day in August is to get leftovers.

I suppose someone still could pay now and do the get your points back swap later on still too.

robie

WKR

• You lose the license

I'm not sure why they don't just follow the AZ method. Draw a name and charge them if declined draw another name.

Turnaround for a returned tag to be reissued is far longer than a day (it was taking two to three weeks last year from the tags I saw), and it's not all that easy to be the one to snag it off the list when you have no idea when it's going to be reissued. The strategy you're describing I don't see working very well.