Bad weather in good goat country

Buster

WKR
y2u5yqy4.jpg
ysebu4u2.jpg
murutu5e.jpg

Tough for my wife to find a goat in weather like this. Hoping for better luck on the next trip.

muleman

WKR
Good luck on the next outing. A lot of rain, clouds and fog down here too. When do you head out for your tag?

OP
Buster

Buster

WKR
Southeastern BC. Luckily my wife's tag is behind our house. Still takes some serious effort and vertical to get up into the goat country that we can have a chance with the bow.

OP
Buster

Buster

WKR
Sorry muleman, misread your post. We'll be heading out for her goat again next week. Got sheep hunting to do first.

pa-pride

FNG
The poles snapped. It took a nasty beating all night, and finally gave out in the morning.

Shrek

WKR
Pa-pride , what are you looking at to replace it with ? A four season freestanding tent , a tarp , or a tipi ? Looking at that I'm more happy than ever with my Kifaru Sawtooth.

OP
Buster

Buster

WKR
Just got back from the sheep hunt. Used a 4 season alps mountaineering tent. Always a chance of waking up to a foot of snow. Keeps the condensation down in the tent with the full fly, and whole tent weighs in at 5 1/2 pounds. (With slight mods). Thats 2.75 pounds per person for 2 people. Home for a day, then out for wifes goat tag.

OP
Buster

Buster

WKR
Goat down! She knocked down a 9 inch billy yesterday. Never been so proud of her. She worked harder and climber into cliffs I never thought she would even consider. Marathon day. Started hiking at dawn, spotted him by 9 am, she shot him by 1:30, started packing out by 3, and back to the truck by 8. He died on a narrow ledge, it was too dangerous to try to set up for pictures there, so we had to get field photos further down the mountain. Truly an amazing experience to have with your wife. And to add to the bad weather theme, we had a hellish T-storm settle on us the whole time we were caping and cutting. Makes for slick rocks to descend. Whats goat hunting without some ars puckering moments in the cliffs?
3aqajuze.jpg

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats to your wife, and to you, on a great Billy!! Goat hunting isn't for the faint of heart that's for sure! Well done!

Are you going to do a mount?

OP
Buster

Buster

WKR
Shoulder mount, and rug for the rest. Caped him completely to have the options. I have to say, women can be a lot tougher than a guy would ever expect.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Awesome stuff...congrats to both you and your wife!!! And with a bow too!!! Very impressive.