wife wants to buy me hunting clothes

ofl0926

WKR
hey whats up everyone. as the title states. the wife wants to buy me some hunting clothes from Kuiu. i had been telling her that Ive been wanting to buy so she said she would buy some for our anniversary. the big question is what should i get and what do you guys recommend. i have some merino base layers from first lite. i have a llano, chama and allegheny bottoms. the type of hunting i do is in October in Georgia, deer hunt from a stand. south dakota in November, Deer and pheasant hunt. last year when i went to SD, it snowed and the wind was blowing. we sit in a truck in the morning and stalk deer, usually no wind during this time but still cold. pheasant hunt, the wind blows and its actually colder LOL.
guys help me out here so i can tell the wife.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
For temps in the 30-60s I would look to get the attack pants....for below 30 I would look at the guide pants...the guide jacket alone and in combination with the super down when temps get real cold and sitting...if you would buy the super down it needs protection and cannot be worn without cover as it is a fragile piece.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
For temps in the 30-60s I would look to get the attack pants....for below 30 I would look at the guide pants...the guide jacket alone and in combination with the super down when temps get real cold and sitting...if you would buy the super down it needs protection and cannot be worn without cover as it is a fragile piece.

sweet.i was def looking at the attack pants. how would warm would you think if i matched those with some allegheny bottoms? would you say that the super down from kuiu is the same as the puffy from first lite?
also how about sizing. my current base layers are medium. kanab pants are medium. puffy from first lite is medium as well. i know kuiu has more of a slim fit. should i get the guide jacket in large? pants will be def be a 34 waist

Unless you want to there is certainly no need to get the superdown puffy if you already have the first lite. I think the same size kuiu items will fit unless the first lite size medium is on the tight side. The guide jacket is sized to be layered under so a medium should be fine but if you want more room for a puffy under it you could go up to a large.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Unless you want to there is certainly no need to get the superdown puffy if you already have the first lite. I think the same size kuiu items will fit unless the first lite size medium is on the tight side. The guide jacket is sized to be layered under so a medium should be fine but if you want more room for a puffy under it you could go up to a large.

thanks for the post. i dont want it to be baggy so i think i might go with a medium

also how long do you guys think delivery times will be if she orders today?