15% off Kifaru

mlob1one

WKR
The Spike Camp in Typhoon is also heavily discounted... Then when you add the 15% off, it will come just under $300 before shipping... I know it's getting replaced by the '14'er next week, but it's still a screaming deal. I was SO tempted, but got a stove, more UL pullouts, & a grab it 2 instead. Didn't even see the pockets. Now I may have to go back.

Brendan

WKR
What was short lived?

The coupon code / discount was taken down after word got out on the Internet. I don't think it was ever really intended just to give everyone a discount, it was aimed at a specific group of people that probably aren't common / current Kifaru customers.

Gotcha. Hadn't heard that yet. I agree that it was probably not their intent but Kifaru customers do listen to Podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Gotcha. Hadn't heard that yet. I agree that it was probably not their intent but Kifaru customers do listen to Podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a difference between listening to the podcast and hearing about it there, than getting posted up on forums like this for everyone. My guess is they started getting inundated with orders when they already have strong demand, But hey - they offered it in the first place!

I met Ben greenfield in airport last year while traveling for work. Had a larger Kifaru bag as a carry on so I stopped to say hi. Been following his stuff on Facebook. Interesting cat for sure (in a good way). Seems like a real good guy.

I think there's a difference between listening to the podcast and hearing about it there, than getting posted up on forums like this for everyone. My guess is they started getting inundated with orders when they already have strong demand, But hey - they offered it in the first place!

Agree. Which is why I even though I heard it on the podcast I would never had posted the code.

I had to talk back to the GIF who was trying to make me buy a sawtooth!

Brado16

WKR
The coupon code / discount was taken down after word got out on the Internet. I don't think it was ever really intended just to give everyone a discount, it was aimed at a specific group of people that probably aren't common / current Kifaru customers.

Coupon code was good through 4/25 per the article/podcast about Aron on Ben's website (states coupon is good through Monday May 25th but believe it was a typo, should have said Monday April 25th, May 25th is a Wednesday):

http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/2016/04/aron-snyder-podcast/

reaper

WKR
Too bad,yesterday i was about to order and was tired so i thought about doing the order the next morning with a fresh coffee...BOUM! THE COUPON CODE IS DEAD!!!As a Canadian your USD is too strong so its a lot of money for a new frame...no order :(...dont understand why but my coffee was not good this morning lol!

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Lol Kifaru knows how the internet works I'm sure.

I'm not surprised at the code being deactivated. The two new bags are supposed to be coming out this week and they'd be taking a hit for sure on those orders with the coupon code.

Brendan

WKR
Here's the email that went out, titled "Oops..."

Last week, I interviewed backpacker, hunter, former-MMA competitor and all-around super-gritty outdoor guru Aron Snyder.

And I made a mistake.

I mentioned a discount on everything Aron's company has - from the most advanced backpacks on the planet to battle-hardened cook stoves to ultra-lightweight tents to sleep systems to everything you would ever need for days of survival or fun in the wilderness...

...and the discount code got loose on the internets, big time.

So, they're pulling down the discount Sunday night at midnight, because it's too generous.