2 weeks from desert sheep opener.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date
I came, I saw, I kicked some ass. Definitely legal by 3 years and 5 inches. I'm awesome. The finger of god had a cramp, had to use one of his other fingers. Send me $39.95 and I'll mail you a signed book of my adventures sheep hunting. I'm sure I'll be on sooner of the major morning shows any day now too. Robbie will probably just give me rokslide, because I'm awesome.
View attachment 603131
I just hope one day I have the balls to shoot an illegal baby lamb and post it all over social media. When I grow up I want to be just like you…

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I thought of a scenario after reading through this whole thing. What if the OP stole this guy’s identity just to troll hunting websites. Been doing it for years. Now imagine this guy spends the rest of his life catching random shit on the internet never knowing what ROAL Reaper is referencing. Turns out he is actually a nice guy who has an evil internet guardian angel.

OP
H

HappyHuntr

Spent 45 years building whitetail habitat. Apples, waterhole, 13k, Norway spruce by hand, 60 bowstands and 14 gun stands. I built this habitat by hand over 50 years. How many trees have you planted by hand? I now have a great whitetail place. #3 County on the planet for book entries. You think this is done by being a keyboard cowboy. Ha. What a joke.
Wait? What 5 year gap am I missing between 45 years and 50 years. I guess it was happy hour every day for 5 years or something who knows :unsure:

Sorry I’m late to this party! Was just made aware of this thread today and boy has it been entertaining!

I was fortunate enough to help a good buddy, that drew one of the other tags for this hunt. We personally witnessed the OP and his entourage arrive on horseback ( sorry to disappoint you all, but no, he did not like into the area, caring his gear and Camp!) in fact, his guides were unable to locate any sheep other than one that we told them about that we would be hunting. We told them about this ram to help avoid conflict as we said we would stay out of their way and not hunt anywhere but the one specific canyon he was calling home. With miles and miles and miles of country to hunt, where do you think the OP in his guides ended up? You guessed it, all around us. I’ve heard this tool spout off about how we spooked their ram… What a joke. Sure it’s all public land and you can hunt wherever you want, but why crowd in and interfere with another person’s hunt. Pretty unsportsmanlike if you ask me. I have ample video and photos of the ram in question. I’ll post one below..

As for the ram, that the OP harvested… Well that was around we found several days prior and chose to pass on. We thought he might be barely legal on one side, but even if he was, he looked a bit young. Maybe a 5 year old at best. Again, I have photos and video of the specific gram and it has been confirmed by the outfitter that it is indeed the ram their client shot. If he is indeed, legal, and the other was happy with them… Good for them. It just wasn’t a ram that my friend with the tag was hoping for so we elected to keep hunting. Funny thing is that this was the easiest ram to get to that we found. He was in a hole, not far from the main road leading from barcroft station up to White Mountain. Certainly not the 7 mile hike that the OP boasts about! Probably just felt like that to him as he appeared to me to be someone suffering from some health problems.

We ended up having a great hunt and my friend did get an opportunity at a 160 class ram… Seen in the third photo posted below running away. Unfortunately, the shot did not connect and the ram escaped. Oh well, sheep fever is real!

Photo 1: small ram taken by OP
Photo 2&3: ram from opening weekend (photos taken on Tuesday prior to opener)
Photo 3: lead ram missed by my friend

Attachments

• A559BEEB-C759-4CBF-8251-A96A8B98BA8E.jpeg
    A559BEEB-C759-4CBF-8251-A96A8B98BA8E.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 9371BD9E-544F-48F3-A565-C7CBBB98355A.jpeg
    9371BD9E-544F-48F3-A565-C7CBBB98355A.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 0EB120E5-D3BD-44BE-B23E-BFB20696C342.jpeg
    0EB120E5-D3BD-44BE-B23E-BFB20696C342.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 627CAF91-A920-45BF-ACFC-3C0BFD9DF391.jpeg