2014 Kifaru Nomad

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'd say you accomplish your task they're both pretty sexy additions to your lineup and you seem to be getting quite a bit of interest on here.

Any luck on getting pictures with the treestand loaded?

Not yet....I'll need to get it out of storage.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
like your gun? :p
sorry too soon?

Luckily my gun was fine after that fall, but the pack will have to be repaired. Falling ten feet with this load and only ripping a couple things is pretty good imo.

For those who don't know, I slipped and fell ten feet off a creek bank and landed directly upside down with my gun barrel taking 90% of the impact. In my pack I had half a boned out bull and my day hunting gear. The total pack weight was about 160 lbs.

I ripped the side of the pack a little and kinda destroyed the pocket but the pack held together no problem for the pack out. I was very happy it could take the abuse.

Rizzy

WKR
Sorry, I am not being clear. I guess I am just asking if the Grabit is pretty much required to use a Highcamp with the Nomad to provide support?

The cape wasn't the best example so lets take a bow. With current packs, the Grabit can be used to lash all sorts of things to the pack and provide support for a bow or whatever. I just didn't know if you lose some of that capability if the Grabit is needed to support the center bag.

Seems like you could run the vertical straps from the Nomad through the bottom d rings on the Highcamp and still have your grab it available for other things.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron, are you able to pack your gear for a 3-5 day hunt with the Nomad and Longhunter lid, minus food?

Yep, and you'll see that on the video.

I can do that with a spotter and tripod, so without those it's really easy.

hflier

WKR

Aron, Your on a roll with these packs. How about a D&L spotting scope pouch about 17"-18" long now. Something like the SG one but in Highlander :)

Rocky

WKR

Can't wait to see the new videos because I just crunched some numbers and all my day hunt stuff (except the water bladder) fits in four of the large kifaru pockets (about 1148 cubic inches) and the long hunter lid. So everything should fit into the nomad with room to spare, now the next question to be answered is how much additional room is needed for an extended backpack hunt.

Last edited:

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 12603

http://www.skinnymoose.com/mostlyarchery/2010/01/26/the-versatile-eberlestock-x2-pack/

The best part about the X2 was that you could attach "stuff" to the inside and outside of the wings. It was almost the perfect Whitetail pack. It could haul the lonewolf climbing sticks by easily attaching them to the webbing on the inside of the wings. Of course Eberlestock fell short without functional load lifters. I know i'm likely in the minority here but i'll throw it out there again. Pals matrix webbing on the inside and outside of the wings and it's perfect. Without some type of webbing, i'd be relying on the tension from the 3 horizontal straps to hold the climbing sticks and at that point I don't have decent access to the zippered pockets because of how tight the straps are. Hard to articulate but it's what I see having used this system for whitetail for a few years. This Nomad is so close to perfect but IMO would fall short without some type of attachment points on the wings themselves.

Last edited:

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
This seems ver versitle and I'm definately interested although this seems like it will get pricy after adding the Bikini, Nomad, Camp Bag, Grabit and Longhunter lid. Based on prices you indicated and current lid price, the price looks closer to ~$800.

This seems ver versitle and I'm definately interested although this seems like it will get pricy after adding the Bikini, Nomad, Camp Bag, Grabit and Longhunter lid. Based on prices you indicated and current lid price, the price looks closer to ~$800.

Kind of on par for the rest of the packs they have. Trust me, resale value is ridiculously high on Kifaru stuff if you dont like it.... But you will. Worth every penny and may be the last pack you buy. Well, it could be, but it seems like once you drink the Kif Cool-aid you have to have eveything they come out with hahaha

Joe

Kind of on par for the rest of the packs they have. Trust me, resale value is ridiculously high on Kifaru stuff if you dont like it.... But you will. Worth every penny and may be the last pack you buy. Well, it could be, but it seems like once you drink the Kif Cool-aid you have to have eveything they come out with hahaha

Joe
There is a lot of truth to what you are saying, also for a lot of guys who already have a platform ( bikini or duplex) the hit is not so severe.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

If you add everything, you will be equal to the price of our regular packs, but the good thing about the Nomad is that you won't NEED all of it to be mission capable.

The Nomad and Grab It will get you though anything and you can add from there as $ permit.

As Mike mentioned, we also designed this so anyone that already has Kifaru kit can use it with the Nomad.

I would love to see it mounted on the duplex frame. Is there a reason one frame would be better than the other for this specific set up?

Would the meat shelf kit work with this pack. For hauling meat/camp bag and preventing it from sliding out the bottom?