2014 Kifaru Nomad

colonel00

WKR
Thanks for the follow up Aron. How secure is the Highcamp if you didn't have the Grabit? I guess the better scenario is if you needed to use the Grabit to haul a cape or raft or who knows what else. Would you still feel secure with a full Highcamp?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the follow up Aron. How secure is the Highcamp if you didn't have the Grabit? I guess the better scenario is if you needed to use the Grabit to haul a cape or raft or who knows what else. Would you still feel secure with a full Highcamp?

Not sure what you mean.....

Hauling cape and full high camp at same time?

Ironman8

WKR
Aron, a few questions:

-When using the camp bag or something else as the center bag, is there enough room at the bottom of the frame for an extra pod to attach when the center bag does not extend past the bottom of the wings? The videos show that there is at least 6-8" of bare frame below the bottom of the wings...

-How much actual usable space do you have in each pocket in the wings when filled with "hard gear" (not sleeping bags)? Or are they designed to not encroach on each other's space? (This is why I asked for the vid of filling it with your actual gear :) )

-When center bags and wings are maxed out with actual camp/hunt gear, how well do the wings hug around the center bag? I have this mental image of the wings not forming around the center bag and end up just adding to the width of the whole pack...I'm sure I'm wrong though ;)

Thanks for all the info Aron.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron, a few questions:

-When using the camp bag or something else as the center bag, is there enough room at the bottom of the frame for an extra pod to attach when the center bag does not extend past the bottom of the wings? The videos show that there is at least 6-8" of bare frame below the bottom of the wings...

-How much actual usable space do you have in each pocket in the wings when filled with "hard gear" (not sleeping bags)? Or are they designed to not encroach on each other's space? (This is why I asked for the vid of filling it with your actual gear :) )

-When center bags and wings are maxed out with actual camp/hunt gear, how well do the wings hug around the center bag? I have this mental image of the wings not forming around the center bag and end up just adding to the width of the whole pack...I'm sure I'm wrong though ;)

Thanks for all the info Aron.

Yes, that space can be used for a pod.

Editing video now....sorry I did not get to it quicker.

You are not wrong....if you fill ALL the pockets of the wings up AND stuff the Camp bag full, the pack will be wide. This is why we listed the wings at 1,200 cubic inches, as the sleeves on the inside are for day hunting. They don't affect each other when stuffed and normal loads are between them, but do get wide with a giant load in the middle.

Here's a few photos with the high camp 4800 between the wings of the Nomad.

The Nomad/High Camp combo will give a little bit wider pack (when stuffed like in photo). The camp bag is slightly smaller in circumference than the High Camp.
well, i thought i wasnt interested in one of these at all, but now after seeing that and already having a HC48 bag, youve got me wondering..

Ironman8

WKR
Yes, that space can be used for a pod.

Editing video now....sorry I did not get to it quicker.

You are not wrong....if you fill ALL the pockets of the wings up AND stuff the Camp bag full, the pack will be wide. This is why we listed the wings at 1,200 cubic inches, as the sleeves on the inside are for day hunting. They don't affect each other when stuffed and normal loads are between them, but do get wide with a giant load in the middle.

Ahh I think I understand now what the purpose of the different pockets in the wings are for. Makes more sense now. Thanks Aron. Looking forward to that vid.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
well, i thought i wasnt interested in one of these at all, but now after seeing that and already having a HC48 bag, youve got me wondering..

I know little buff has made digs at what you could spend on pockets, but we hoped everyone would see this as "use what you have and add if needed. That way the pack will be designed perfect for each persons needs.

colonel00

WKR
Not sure what you mean.....

Hauling cape and full high camp at same time?

Sorry, I am not being clear. I guess I am just asking if the Grabit is pretty much required to use a Highcamp with the Nomad to provide support?

The cape wasn't the best example so lets take a bow. With current packs, the Grabit can be used to lash all sorts of things to the pack and provide support for a bow or whatever. I just didn't know if you lose some of that capability if the Grabit is needed to support the center bag.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry, I am not being clear. I guess I am just asking if the Grabit is pretty much required to use a Highcamp with the Nomad to provide support?

The cape wasn't the best example so lets take a bow. With current packs, the Grabit can be used to lash all sorts of things to the pack and provide support for a bow or whatever. I just didn't know if you lose some of that capability if the Grabit is needed to support the center bag.

Its not needed, but I'm not sure why you wouldn't use it.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My daughter and I just did a few videos with loading gear and full meat baggie.

Here's a couple photos of the gear layed out that was in the nomad, as well as the nomad full.

I didn't" fluff" the photo up to make it look perfect. I stuffed it just like I would when on the mountain.... video will show this.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387817530723.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387817530723.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 319
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387817543690.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387817543690.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 329
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387817557224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387817557224.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 317

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Mike!

We tried to get this system to work for most everyone, and have the "BIG DADDY" available for everything else.

I'd say you accomplish your task they're both pretty sexy additions to your lineup and you seem to be getting quite a bit of interest on here.

Any luck on getting pictures with the treestand loaded?