2014 Kifaru Nomad

I had these same questions and I am excited for the video with real gear. Specifically the pod at the bottom. Arron you said yes. When you have time could post a pic or vid of that. I was hoping a pod or pocket would attach nicely to that area of empty space below the nomad.

Yes, that space can be used for a pod.

Editing video now....sorry I did not get to it quicker.

You are not wrong....if you fill ALL the pockets of the wings up AND stuff the Camp bag full, the pack will be wide. This is why we listed the wings at 1,200 cubic inches, as the sleeves on the inside are for day hunting. They don't affect each other when stuffed and normal loads are between them, but do get wide with a giant load in the middle.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would love to see it mounted on the duplex frame. Is there a reason one frame would be better than the other for this specific set up?

Would the meat shelf kit work with this pack. For hauling meat/camp bag and preventing it from sliding out the bottom?

Some of the photos I've posted are with the Duplex. Other than how they carry, one wouldn't perform any different than the other.

Yes, the meat shelf would work just like before.

aron beat me to it.... but it seems that the grab it or cargo panel would work much better with this set up than the meat shelf... but aron would have to speculate on that better.

Joe

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Can I ask a noob question? The duplex everyone mentions.. Is that the the hunting frame and suspension I see on their website? I'm 99% sure that's right. Also glad to hear there isn't much difference with the bikini frame.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This video goes over a few questions that have been asked about the Nomad.

I have a decent amount of gear inside the pockets, but the next video will show me unloading the gear. The zippered pockets were a little over half full and I had a 4 liter bladder in one sleeve and a tripod and sitting pad in the other sleeve.

I did not attach a pod (trying to keep up), but I will get to that eventually. Hopefully you can extrapolate from this video and it answers some questions.

Also, you can move the back pouch down to the empty space at the bottom and put the meat above that.... Something to think about anyway.

[video=vimeo;82594868]https://vimeo.com/82594868[/video]

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You will be able to see that I had a lot of room left in the pockets as I unload the wings. The next video shows loading the same gear back up, but in a slightly different configuration for packing out meat.

[video=vimeo;82595906]https://vimeo.com/82595906[/video]

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is not the 3rd portion of the last two videos.... I forgot to load this one and figured I would get it up now.

[video=vimeo;82596631]https://vimeo.com/82596631[/video]

Ironman8

WKR
Awesome! Thank you for doing the vids Aron!

I especially like the AR vid since I hunt with one down here in TX :)

Rocky

WKR
You will be able to see that I had a lot of room left in the pockets as I unload the wings. The next video shows loading the same gear back up, but in a slightly different configuration for packing out meat.

[video=vimeo;82595906]https://vimeo.com/82595906[/video]

I'm having computer issues so I don't know what is going on, but I cant find "part 3" of this video series. Is it my computer or am I missing something?

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe you guys shouldn't release stuff right before Xmas, its stressful enough and now you're getting blasted from all sides with questions about the releases. Lol you're gluttons for punishment

Gus

FNG
I don't think it is posted yet, I can't find it in Vimeo either.

Go to the rokslide home page and scroll down about half way in the middle. Look for Aron and a pack. You will see the videos

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
thanks for the videos aron. enough info to send my imagination soaring into the endless possibilities of this pack system! quick question, does the longhunter lid come with the nomad at the earlier suggested price, or you have to purchase the lid separate?