2022 Rut Report?

Yoder

WKR
Im in NE PA. Yesterday it was 75 and a little windy. Crunchy leaves so I figured I would scout a little to see what's going on. First spot I checked was really steep and pretty sketchy to hike so I didn't bring my bow. Second spot I had some big bucks on camera earlier in the season but up the hill. I decided to check a nearby spot. I got about 200 yards from my car and seen movement. I took a knee and a nice 8pt walked within 20 yards. I could have easily shot him before he noticed me. He would have been my biggest buck yet. I felt sick afterwards. I ALWAYS bring my bow. He was chasing a doe. I came back with my bow and jumped a doe. The wind kept shifting so I left it til tomorrow.

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a bunch of chasing and a doe being bred last night. Southern Michigan. Ended up seeing 6 different bucks and 3 were nice mature bucks. It helped that they were finishing up cutting the corn in my area but it's for sure on here.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Not yet in northern Minnesota. Spent 30 hours the last 3 days at the edge of the woods and have observed about 100 deer. My guess is another few days of this cold and snow and they’ll be at it. Supposed to get down to 9 degrees on Friday and Saturday for last two days of the season. My guess is rutting activity will pick up then.

young7.3

WKR
I hunted Sunday morning Nov 6, and saw 5 bucks. Then around 11:30, 3 of those bucks were chasing a doe around. Seems like its starting here in southern Indiana. That was on public too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw some small bucks with doe's today but just feeding around, nothing serious yet in central Montana.

Witnessed 2 separate bucks chasing does yesterday (not cruising, full zombie mode chasing a doe). This morning heard some bucks fighting across the field. I hit the rattle horns after they stopped and had one of them come across the field to my tree line. Hit the grunt call a couple times and he came to my stand stomping and huffing ready to fight. Got an arrow in him at 14 yds. One of his brow tines is broken off from fighting. He must have been full of piss and vinegar. Central KY

4daa3106089208699aac48c1b9592e35.jpg

I just spent 4 days in a tree here in Wisconsin. No chasing or anything resembling rut. Nothing responding to grunts. Hopefully this front moving helps.

It's on here in eastern Virginia. Nice bucks are being seen and killed. It should get more intense this week as the temps drop.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
One day left of whitetail rifle in far Northern Minnesota. I’ve observed well over 150 deer. Still nothing going. Definitely more activity in general now that there is snow on the ground, but the bucks are showing no signs of being interested in does yet. Off on their own and staying reclusive.

Witnessed 2 separate bucks chasing does yesterday (not cruising, full zombie mode chasing a doe). This morning heard some bucks fighting across the field. I hit the rattle horns after they stopped and had one of them come across the field to my tree line. Hit the grunt call a couple times and he came to my stand stomping and huffing ready to fight. Got an arrow in him at 14 yds. One of his brow tines is broken off from fighting. He must have been full of piss and vinegar. Central KY

4daa3106089208699aac48c1b9592e35.jpg

Makes for a exciting experience when one comes in like that. Last year had two nice bucks fighting near me during rifle season, in really thick cover I could not see them but could hear them and the smaller saplings that were in there fight area was shaking all to hell, along about that time they bust out where I could get a shot, figured it was about a 50 yard shot and I was hunting on the ground. both were nice 8 points so I pick out what I thought was the biggest one and the Ruger #1went, boom down he went, the other buck kept fighting him on the ground for at least a minute. Before walking off about 20 yards and tore into a sapling before finally walking off. Always whished I had that hunt on a camera. Nice buck ya got there congrats. Nothing like hunting white tails when the full rut is on.

WKR
Its on in central KS. Nothing like it. Hoping the kid notches his tag this weekend.

Been slow as hell here in southern Illinois. Only seen 2 bucks chasing does. Been a slow week. Some all day sits and haven’t been seeing much. Figured it would get good when this cold weather moved in. Hasn’t been the case. Hopefully it changes.

Checked trail cams yesterday have pics of fighting bucks and bucks trailing does, 9 days till opener should be a good first day,