2023 DIY Muley from PA

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Just wanted to share my 2023 DIY public land muley I was fortunate enough to take. Came all the way out from PA! I also came out in August for a week and did a solo scouting mission just cause... why not!? Love this s***.

We got pounded with snow for the opening day of the second firearm season. We were way too high. By the time we got out of that area on Sunday there were a few spots we were hiking out that had a couple feet on the ground.

After a rough start we called the audible and relocated to some lower elevation. When I saw this guy while I was still hunting through the thick timber, I was able to send one at 50 yards! He's no Boone and Crocket but I couldnt be happier, especially how i snuck right up on him. My old man took a sweet pic of me on the packout back down to camp. He got a forky on this trip too!

We chased elk the rest of the season while we were camped out in the wilderness but never had a clear shot at a legal bull (only saw a couple, then just an endless number of cows/ calves/ and sub legal bulls). Had a blast!
3.jpg4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

Burt_Niel

FNG
That pack out picture is awesome! Post that up in the Mule Deer Hunting Photo Contest thread for sure!

Congratulations on an awesome trip!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
westonhoma

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
That pack out picture is awesome! Post that up in the Mule Deer Hunting Photo Contest thread for sure!

Congratulations on an awesome trip!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Thanks man! and oh yeah i definitely will!

ziqev

FNG
Heck yes. Congrats! Being east coast as well love to see it. Sounds like a great season overall

Jbxl20

WKR
Congrats! Im also from PA and I was in great falls the first week of rifle. Weather was wild that week!