2023 MULE DEER OFFICIAL MEAT POLE THREAD

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s my mulie buck. Shot him yesterday afternoon.

Not too much of a story, I was driving the grid roads around a lease I have permission on and bumped a group of deer I didn’t see from behind a hill. I saw there was a decent buck in the group so I decided to pursue it. They bedded behind a different hill than what I thought they were behind and took off again.

I decided to head to the cabin and have some lunch, and go back to where I think they went into 1 of 2 coulees.

I hiked in and got to the first one and there was a big group of deer in it, but no big bucks. I had to play the wind and the bedded sentries the herd had up high. After a bit I made to to the second coulee undetected and found the group of deer from the morning. The bucks were just meh and I thought I saw a better one in the first coulee so I headed back over there.

I popped up high on a hill with the wind in my face and started to glass, when I saw the buck I was looking for. I wanted a nice, mature 4x4 deer with a bit of mass. He was 340m away so I got setup and took my time since the herd was feeding in the bottom and had no idea I was there.

He started to walk away from me to check a few does. He stopped and turned and presented me a slight quartering away shot. I slowly squeezed the trigger and he took a step right when it went off. I didn’t see the impact but once I got my scope back on him he was just laying there taking his final breaths. I ranged him at 358m when he was dead.

IMG_2406.jpeg
IMG_2409.jpeg
IMG_2423.jpeg