2023 Trips

dkell

FNG
Bird season is getting close!

Who has trips planned this year?

I’ve got a late season pheasant trip planned this year in the Dakotas. Other than that, I want to hunt some new areas further north than I usually go.

Someday I’d love to go hunt quail in the south west, but that’s a pipeline dream for now.

Where ya headed?

I'll be hunting the typical ruffies in northern WI for 3 weeks in Oct. Nothing out of state this year

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Wyo has great waterfowl if you find your areas.

On the other hand, I bumped into an ungodly amount of blue grouse scouting for deer. Might take a few days and have some fun. I love big game hunting but nothing beats having your dog around

samc

Lil-Rokslider
hopefully gonna try to get in a chukar trip to Idaho this year. Never gone but it looks like a blast.

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Three more days until the pups and I get to make 'em go poof! It's been a rough 99 days since we last poofed a ptarmigan.

dtrkyman

WKR
No "trips" planned, I did put in for a sandhill hunt though.

Otherwise probably some grouse, then quaill and ducks.

Alchemy

WKR
Kansas quail/pheasant
Oklahoma quail
Arizona quail late season

*really chomping at the bit, if I get a wild hair I might go over to Colorado in September and try blue grouse for the first time ever. Elk hunted in the San Juan couple years back and bumped a decent amount.

Alchemy

WKR
We’ll see how it pans out…. Be my first year to get back into an upland focused fall. I’ve hunted a couple times each year but got a new dog so just trying to put as many miles on the boots as I can this fall. Plan on watching many bumped, mishandled, and botched birds! All in fun LOL

jmez

WKR
No out of state trips. Well I may run up to ND a time or two. I'll start with grouse and huns 15th os Sept and numt pretty much every weekend until the end of Jan. when pheasant closes. Gotta love SD .

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
If I wasn’t running a test next weekend I would be killing geese. Then it will be every weekend till it freezes chasing waterfowl then some pheasants and grouse

Eastern MT for opener followed by chasing Blues around my house. Back East for Pheasant opener and a few days of ducking Till SD for a week of Pheasant hunting. Hoping for at least 30 days in the field.

Fitzwho

WKR
Hoping to chase prairie chickens in Kansas mid-September during/after my muzzleloader deer hunt and then Huns/pheasant/sharp tails in SE Montana/South Dakota after putting a Pronghorn or two on ice.

Going to South Dakota and since I live in northern MN will be doing a lot of grouse hunting. I retired 9/1 of last year, put on a lot of boot miles and had a heck of a good time all fall chasing birds and following dogs.