2023 What’s the Plan???

Stay in the home state and swing for the fences on my out of state apps. Going to focus on getting my wife and 3-year-old daughter out with me next year and making some family memories. Got a 7-month-old English Setter that will be ready to hit the fields so a post big game trip to SD will be in the cards.

cnelk

WKR
My son wants to cash in his double digit Colorado elk PPs so I'll be concentrating helping him on his hunt.

After that, I'll probably grab my bow and hit my otc spots. Then get a B List cow tag for a rifle season

I should draw my Colorado cow moose, a Wyoming pronghorn tag, a Colorado pronghorn, 2 Colorado deer tags, and a Wyo deer tag.

All depends on what I want to apply for

wgrkman

FNG
Looking like this year will by WY general. My dad, a buddy, and myself have 5 points and my brother has 4 points. Trying to decide still if we should force my brother to go special or go in the regular as a group with 4.75 points average.

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
New job potential for 2023 with a hit on vacation time. OTC ID mule deer tag in pocket. Need to apply for MT general, ID Mtn. Goat, NM elk and throw in for long shot WY elk. Can only do 1 trip this year, roll the dice and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Whole lot of preference point apps and NY deer/bear hunting. Planning a backpack Adirondack deer trip with a buddy for Veterans day week this November,

Zdub02

WKR
My buddy and I will put in for cow tags in Wyoming. First elk hunt for us if we draw.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'll apply for mountain goat, but beyond that I'll be elk hunting some unit in CO......either OTC or get lucky with a reissue tag. Probably help someone else out on their elk tag as well.

sdboyle73

FNG
My two friends and I who hunt together got lucky and got our Idaho A tags so we will be spending September chasing bugling bulls again. I’ll be cashing in my 21 Oregon points on an Antelope tag. Plus I should draw an Oregon Rifle Elk tag or just do a general archery tag too.

Attachments

• 220910B4-0527-4118-A51D-9FE5BBBED7D0.jpeg
    220910B4-0527-4118-A51D-9FE5BBBED7D0.jpeg
    757.4 KB · Views: 69
The OTC Oregon archery elk unit I hunt went to a draw last year. I used the points I had last year. Hoping to draw with 0 points this year(I should).

Probably hunt the late archery season in oregon for blacktails, but A few buddies and I are actually considering doing a blacktail rifle hunt for the first time in over 20 years. The rifle hunt dates go until November 10th, should be some good buck activity. My buddy I started hunting with as a teenager haven’t done a rifle hunt up in our blacktail area since I was 20 I think. Might be a fun hunt.

I have 20 Oregon Antelope points, 13 wyoming elk, and 11 wyoming deer points. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to use any of those in 2023, but for sure need to use them within 4 years

wayno945

FNG
Apply everywhere... maybe Wyoming Gen Elk with 4 pts. Already have a Utah DH tag and Idaho MD tag in my pocket. See where the odds take me this year.

OP
Indian Summer
Looking like this year will by WY general. My dad, a buddy, and myself have 5 points and my brother has 4 points. Trying to decide still if we should force my brother to go special or go in the regular as a group with 4.75 points average.
I’d get him in with the group in the regular. You’ll draw.

LFC911

WKR
'23 ID elk A tag...check...plan to shoot for the moon in other states and if I don't draw, spend 2+ weeks in ID
WY - 3 elk pp's, kind of in no mans land and too cheap to apply for special draw, so probably buy another pp. At some point down the road want to do a guided drop camp in the wilderness.
AZ - 4 elk pp's, getting close to hoping to draw my first elk tag
NM - shoot for the moon...c'mon 16d lol
CO - 1 elk pp, just buy another pp, never going back for OTC
KS resident, 2 elk pp's, 7 antelope pp's, 0 deer pp's, probably just buy pp's and hunt OTC
KY - apply for the lottery
UT - 1 pp each elk/deer/pronghorn, probably buy another pp
MT - 0 pp probably start applying this year

IMG_0867.JPEG

Burned my WY points last year, came home with a bull.

Hoping 2 PP’s does it in MT and I can head back to my honey hole. Should have 3 others applying with me and whoever gets a tag gets a tag. I’d be cool going tag less this year if need be.

More points in CO/WY.