2023 What’s the Plan???

The plan is to finally learn how to shoot a stick bow instinctive. I’ve got a nice longbow and a nice recurve that I refuse to put a sight on. I’ve had a couple of false starts at instinctive shooting and given up. I intend to start it and stay with it the coming year. I’ll be happy if I can learn to be consistent at 20 yards.

On the fence next year. Have just enough points to draw a decent unit but only just enough for a 10% chance in the unit I’m leaning toward. Neither would put where I want which is in the back country. The older I get, the more I yearn for the wild country and the peace it brings. Ya I want a nice bull, but I’m just as content with being on the side of a mountain miles from any roads and feel the freedom of no restraints. If there are elk all the more better. If they are not cooperative I’m ok with that too.

I’ll probably do what I usually do… pray for another NM tag. Buy some more points in other states and kill myself in the beatle kill of an otc just to say I was there. And maybe just maybe come home with a few steaks to go along with the memories. Good luck to all the dreamers out there.

Apply in NM, AZ and Pray. Will also apply for elk tag at home in Michigan which is another prayer situation.

Then I’ll apply for MT with zero points and pray.

If that fails I’ll either go Colorado or idaho leftovers on resale.

Will also apply for Moose in Maine.

Will be applying to Kansas again for whitetails after drawing with a point last year. If that fails it will be Ohio or Indiana.

Should draw a bear tag here in Michigan and will kill a whitetail or two here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn my CO points on an elk tag, hunt something not OTC for once, and put in for NM elk as i always do. Archery for me.

I doubt 4 points will be enough for a Wyoming general tag this year but I'll try for it anyway. Got 3 points in Colorado, been doing 3rd rifle because the wife loves hiking around in the snow but I kinda want to explore and see if we can draw anything decent in 1st rifle instead. Never hunted 1st rifle.

Just put in my first WY application…first baby step to hunting out west. Praying for a random draw type 1 or at least the type 6 tag I’m counting on as my backup plan.

I don’t know. I plan on archery elk CO and cow 1st season. I also want to get up to Wy, have 5 elk points would be a solo trip if I draw, rest of the crew only have a couple points. So might hold off. I want to burn deer points in CO or WY. Lots of choices, they early elk deadline in WY is causing stress:)

Hopefully I’ll draw a tag here in NM and CO. If not? OTC CO, NM LO cow rifle tag. I was thinking about applying in Montana for the first time and WY for the first time as well. We shall see. Of coarse plans can change.

I should draw my ga gator tag this year. They are pretty territorial and I have a few decent ones located. I need to knock that out pretty quick in august so I can head to Montana for general elk tag if I get drawn.

Last edited:
Plan for big game starting in April is to shoot a turkey and 2 Bears. in the fall, I will hunt elk and haven't decided between the general or white tail tag this fall yet.

I plan on putting in for Idaho Moose.
I plan on putting in for Wyoming Deer and Antelope.
I plan on putting in for Montana Antelope.

I’m going to draw a dove hunt, state park deer hunt, wma deer hunt, gator tag, wma hog hunt, and a wma duck hunt.

All in Georgia. All DIY.

I’ve applied for 7 years for all of them and I’m going to try to fill them all.

I’m going to draw a dove hunt, state park deer hunt, wma deer hunt, gator tag, wma hog hunt, and a wma duck hunt.

All in Georgia. All DIY.

I’ve applied for 7 years for all of them and I’m going to try to fill them all.
Are you going to put in for Butler? I think 7 should get you drawn there for the opener.

Are you going to put in for Butler? I think 7 should get you drawn there for the opener.

I was considering it but at this point I am looking to draw another place closer to my deer hunting spot so I can hunt deer in the evening.

Last edited:
Back