2024 Predator Season from NY

OP
MannyMedeiros21
Nice you are having better luck than me. Hey what light set up do you use? do you find the light spooks them at all? must not be to much as you're getting them. I got the sight mark wraith and its fine in open areas, but not so good in wooded areas. also even know you can use it in the day the shadows are very dark. I am thinking maybe a regular scope with light might work better for all areas.

I run a night eyes red light on my gun and scan with a red spotlight. You can only do this in open areas. Lights can not be used in the woods very well. I hunt mostly open fields and grassy areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I run a night eyes red light on my gun and scan with a red spotlight. You can only do this in open areas. Lights can not be used in the woods very well. I hunt mostly open fields and grassy areas.

sounds like for wooded areas might be better off calling at first light or before dark. Have you have you had any luck daytime calling? I have access to 550 acers wooded area i deer hunt I sure like to take some coyotes off the property.

OP
MannyMedeiros21
7112506d87dce44c5e0279d1a07a4c18.jpg

OP
MannyMedeiros21
Manny did you retire or what i always look forward to your posts for inspiration i got a couple foxes but the coyotes are kicking my but

I went to Florida the first week of March, and have only made it out one time since. The wind has been bad most nights, and the nights the wind was good, I had things going on…smh lol. The time I did make it out, I called in two yotes on two different stands. The first one came out in line with a house and I had no safe shot. The second came in text book and my buddy missed it at 140 yards. I’m hoping to get out two or three times this week before it closes!