243 vs 7mm-08?

Eldis

FNG
Anyone have any past experience with both of these calibers paired with a suppressor?

Are either of these more quiet than the other or more quiet than a 308? (I know bullet weight and barrel length comes into play)

Optimal barrel length for each?

Will mostly be using to shoot whitetail and wanting to find something that doesn't ring my ears to target shoot or hunt smaller animals with. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Velocity plays a bigger role than barrel length or bullet weight. There's a reason that subsonic loads are whisper quiet through suppressors. The 7-08 will be quieter just for the simple fact it's starting out at a lower velocity. Load a heavy 7mm projectile at a low velocity and go smoke whitetails at reasonable distance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
I run a 18” 243 field craft and it’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
You need to decide what you want.
The 7-08 will be quieter than the 243, but a 338 fed would be even more so.

If quiet is your goal your choices will be a lot different than if you're looking for longer range wind bucking.

Here is my honest take based on what I have observed using a 18" 308, a 20" 7-08, and a 22" 243, all with suppressors.

You won't be able to tell the difference when shooting supersonic ammo and the same suppressor.

Pick whichever one makes you feel comfortable and rock on.

Buzby

WKR
8.6blk, 300blk, 350 legend, all can be loaded subsonic. Great for deer within their effective ranges.