3 bodies found in Colorado NF

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sad deal. This illustrates a lot of the issues we have in society. People are out of touch with nature. Nobody on this forum, would attempt to live in gunnison off grid through winter. In a Wally World tent, I’d say it’s borderline impossible. These are also the people who are voting for wolf introduction, bans on predator hunting, etc. Unfortunately, and sadly, in this case, they just don’t get it.

dlee56

WKR
My lady and I have been rewatching the first few seasons of Alone and those first few groups of folks were far and away less qualified than the folks in the recent seasons. Goes to show that even folks who seemed qualified enough to be on a survival show couldn’t last a few days in some cases let alone these people taking on a winter in the coldest place in the state.

Sad about the kid. Makes me wonder if they were hiding from something or someone.
I read the article this morning from some other source and mentioned the kid, first thing that popped into my head was I wondered if they were keeping the kid away from his father in some sort of custody dispute or something. Kinda random, but that's what popped up, seen some crazy things happen over spite.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You have to choose your environments wisely. Lots of people have no business being in the wild (especially trying to live out there), just like I have no business being or living in NYC or Chicago.

Yea. Wife sent that to me this morning too

Crazy

Not like it “snuck” up on em. But what do I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If you have seen pictures of them, you would see why something like this makes perfect sense. Not your typical outdoorsy type. Completely of of there comfort zone.

welkin

FNG
This thread is full of really disgusting comments about some people who made poor choices and a child who didn't have a choice. I guess you get to say anything as long as the people you deride are homeless. Hatred of people without a place to stay will never make sense to me

Jmort1754

WKR
This thread is full of really disgusting comments about some people who made poor choices and a child who didn't have a choice. I guess you get to say anything as long as the people you deride are homeless. Hatred of people without a place to stay will never make sense to me
People make choices.
The only unfortunate thing is a 14 year old died

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I went back and read all the comments, some were lest than kind, but for the better part most were, what were they even doing out there kind of moments. Let's remember, there were other option open for them, and they chose the wrong one. Homes and shelters for homeless people. especial females with children. Govt. assistance, and many more. They chose the wrong option and a child is dead because of it.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Who said they were homeless? I didn’t see any comments that were “disgusting”. Certainly didn’t see any “Hatred of people”.

Hubris is never a good look.

Rob5589

WKR
Where does it state anywhere that they were homeless? The article stated that the family decided to "live off the grid," however one defines that. What the adults did was to starve themselves and their 14 year old child. To death. They could have easily come back into "civilization" and saved themselves but chose not to.

As far as the homeless, there are numerous programs that one can partake in if they so choose. I deal with homeless every work day and can say that a large majority do not want to participate in society and choose the manner in which they live. It's America, they can do what they want. But the rest of society cannot be blamed for choices made by others.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Where does it state anywhere that they were homeless? The article stated that the family decided to "live off the grid," however one defines that. What the adults did was to starve themselves and their 14 year old child. To death. They could have easily come back into "civilization" and saved themselves but chose not to.

As far as the homeless, there are numerous programs that one can partake in if they so choose. I deal with homeless every work day and can say that a large majority do not want to participate in society and choose the manner in which they live. It's America, they can do what they want. But the rest of society cannot be blamed for choices made by others.
agree 110%