3 bodies found in Colorado NF

11boo

WKR
https://www.westernslopenow.com/news/3-badly-decomposing-bodies-found-in-remote-colorado-campsite/

Gunnison county. Pretty slim on details. Does not look like murder yet, probably just not ready for the weather.

Heck of a way to spend the winter.

Based on the “fairly mummified” and advanced decomposition of the bodies, they were likely there through the winter and possibly since last fall, Murdie said. Because of the degradation, the autopsies will be difficult and will take at least three weeks, he said.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Creepy is right. 2 bodies in tent, one in the trees. Been there so long I’m surprised the critters didn’t get them. Maybe they did, this just hit the news.

Any input from Gunnison guys?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
3 individuals who thought they could make it through the winter with no clue how brutal it is. I'm guessing the snow fell deeper one night than the height of their tent. One made it out, then they all died.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
We had a butt load of early snow, that area was probably sleds only after mid November. Poor choice.
The lack of a missing trio report last year smells like somebody setting up housekeeping in the NF.

Odd there's not a missing persons report.
It doesn't say that they were identified yet. It however did say that next of kin was not yet notified; could that be because they have yet to identify them. Perhaps they cannot yet link a missing oersons report to them due to not identifying them yet? I think its obvious no one reasonably close reported 3 people missing. What I do find odd is there is not a mention of a vehicle.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
3 individuals who thought they could make it through the winter with no clue how brutal it is. I'm guessing the snow fell deeper one night than the height of their tent. One made it out, then they all died.
You got to know what the hell you`re doing out there. Kinda reminds me of the book Into The Wild. Those aren`t the kinds of places where you decide one day, " Let`s go camping! ".

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Prolly wanted to see how long it takes to starve to death. Two died from starvation, but the third one forgot how long it took so he started over.

It is tragic. Most campsites in Colorado have a pretty high turnover, but to not be discovered for a year seems odd to me.

Honestly, there are so many weirdos in the back country these days that there is no telling what happened.

I would bet it was some kind of accidental death by drugs camping trip. Human nature won't allow you to stay in one place and starve yourself to death. It's like trying not to breathe.... you can't do it alone. Nature takes over.

Maverick1

WKR
“You guys stay here and forage for berries…..wait to hunt for big game until I get back with your tags….it’s currently an OTC unit that may go to a draw - but no worries - you should all get a tag this year with the numerous CO preference points you have saved up……just wait here until I get back, ok?……”