3rd season 18 tag

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a 3rd season unit 18 buck tag second choice so it’s a free bee, anyone have any experience here? Should I bring my Atv ? Or just better off getting around in a pick up ? Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks

Drew the same tag. Went and visted the area a few days ago. Going solo myself staying at the muddy creek cabins in kremmling. Ill be bringing my 4 wheeler. Couldbt get to s9me of the places i wanted even now with my truck, but its not a off road monster hunting rig.

I’ll be hunting second season in 18...my first year though, so I’m not much help on the atv question though. I’ve been told they can be helpful though as some of the “roads” are in tough shape and much easier to ride a 4 wheeler than drive a truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend loves hunting 18 and associated units, while I cannot stand it. Dead fall is a real chore in most spots thus making hikes not that enjoyable. You will see some deer but you will also see a LOT of orange. I personally would only hunt that GMU if I had a doe tag as there are a plethora of them. That said we did pull a 170" buck out of there in 2017 but a forked horn is more realistic. Optics are your friend. They can and will be in the sage. Be in your spot before sunrise. Perseverance is key. Hunt hard and you'll find something.

Yeah, its a good unit group to make use of one, and as mentioned, if there is an ATV trail, it will have lots of people on it.

Just got back from my 2nd scouting trip. Gunna be a blast no matter what. The guy above has a killer point with dead fallm its everywhere unless your in the sage.

If i see a deer ill be happy. Hit me up ill be staying in kremmling

Back