A nation of wimps?

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Shopping at Walmart makes you softer than baby crap.

Hmmmm... I'll have to disagree. You been in a Walmart lately?? You'll either run out the door screaming and fully traumatized or you'll learn to deal with your deepest fears and move forward. The seals and special forces use Walmart for psychological warfare training. The green berets are so tough they have mastered the Walmart universe.

And...and... you'll see some crazy scary stuff there and sometimes be entertained, and sometimes fall to your knees crying. Depends on how tough you are. I always thought those videos/pics of the people of Walmart were fake. They're not... it's real...be afraid...very afraid.

This thread is both entertaining and exhausting at times. I gotta go have my latte (almond milk please, I'm lactose intolerant) and my gluten free vegan cranberry walnut scone before I continue on with my day.

KurtR

WKR
Hmmmm... I'll have to disagree. You been in a Walmart lately?? You'll either run out the door screaming and fully traumatized or you'll learn to deal with your deepest fears and move forward. The seals and special forces use Walmart for psychological warfare training. The green berets are so tough they have mastered the Walmart universe.

And...and... you'll see some crazy scary stuff there and sometimes be entertained, and sometimes fall to your knees crying. Depends on how tough you are. I always thought those videos/pics of the people of Walmart were fake. They're not... it's real...be afraid...very afraid.

This thread is both entertaining and exhausting at times. I gotta go have my latte (almond milk please, I'm lactose intolerant) and my gluten free vegan cranberry walnut scone before I continue on with my day.
I live beside two reservations. The shit we see in our little grocery store makes Walmart look bush league.

Mosby

WKR
My 3 kids all have jobs and 2 of them frequently work nights and weekends. In today's world that's like winning the lottery.

Okie dokie!
I was born in 1950 and grew up in East Texas.
We lived through hurricanes, tornados, drouths, floods, 100°+ temps, +/-20° temps and the occasional hard freeze and snow.
Until the 2nd grade, the only A/C I had experienced was at the local "Duke & Ayers" department store and the Texas Theater.
I can remember my sister and me ice skating (no skates) on our farm pond (1 acre). We didn't break through.

Our dogs lived outside. We heated the house with LPG space heaters. They were burned during the day. They were turned off every night! Regardless of night time temps!
The heat of summer meant opening every window in the house, mosquitoes be damned! Spent many a summer night, wallowing in a pool of sweat until, out of desperation, you slipped onto that linoleum floor because it was MUCH cooler!
Maybe a box fan to stir the sultry air!

These days! Freezing temps and summertime highs above 90° and the news organizations go into orbit! 🤯
Don't go outdoors without proper clothing. Drink plenty water!
The NE is flooding.
The SW is in a drought!
Subzero temps in the Great Lakes area.

Have we become a nation of "wimps"?
If something unforseen happened, would you be able to provide warmth or compensate for the heat until power is restored?
Damn that’s crazy

Hnthrdr

WKR
This is 100% the case in Missoula. Virtually all of my friends either work from home or made money somewhere in the past and are semi-passive investors in some capacity. My wife and I both work from home with a LOT of free time available. Blows me away how many people are in the same boat and out recreating during the week.
This is the case in most of Co it seems… used to be pretty sweet to have days off in the middle of the week… get the vibe that hardly anyone works anymore

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Hard men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times...going right along with the Strauss-Howe Generational Theory. Key is to be hard men in weak times...

180ls1

WKR
Hard men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times...going right along with the Strauss-Howe Generational Theory. Key is to be hard men in weak times...

Yeah, and every prior generation seems to think they are the "hard men"

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, and every prior generation seems to think they are the "hard men"
Ah i agree, all in perspective. The hardest thing you have done is the hardest thing you have done. So if you have only ran a mile, you may think you are hard...but the guy running 50 miles scoffs at you and so on. Theres a cultural aspect to that, as well, when you aren't allowed to shame people...or motivate is the word i would use to be better