A nation of wimps?

CorbLand

WKR
a huge % of the population really never spend much time outside of climate controlled areas...the amount of people who have groceries ready for them to pick up is surprising to me.. but I do not mind food shopping at all...you get to see the people of walmart...in person.
I dont care what anyone says, grocery pickup is nice. We finally got a WINCO here and that is where we do most of our shopping but before that we did grocery pickup all the time. It saved so much time as you dont stand in line for 30-40 minutes to checkout.

Q child

WKR
Okie dokie!
I was born in 1950 and grew up in East Texas.
We lived through hurricanes, tornados, drouths, floods, 100°+ temps, +/-20° temps and the occasional hard freeze and snow.
Until the 2nd grade, the only A/C I had experienced was at the local "Duke & Ayers" department store and the Texas Theater.
I can remember my sister and me ice skating (no skates) on our farm pond (1 acre). We didn't break through.

Our dogs lived outside. We heated the house with LPG space heaters. They were burned during the day. They were turned off every night! Regardless of night time temps!
The heat of summer meant opening every window in the house, mosquitoes be damned! Spent many a summer night, wallowing in a pool of sweat until, out of desperation, you slipped onto that linoleum floor because it was MUCH cooler!
Maybe a box fan to stir the sultry air!

These days! Freezing temps and summertime highs above 90° and the news organizations go into orbit! 🤯
Don't go outdoors without proper clothing. Drink plenty water!
The NE is flooding.
The SW is in a drought!
Subzero temps in the Great Lakes area.

Have we become a nation of "wimps"?
If something unforseen happened, would you be able to provide warmth or compensate for the heat until power is restored?
Yeah, now-a-days people go onto the internet to whine about everything and everybody. In my day a man just kept his complaints to himself.

Rich M

WKR
Folks wondering about being able to “return” a hunting license.

Whats amatter - cant make plans 3-6-9 months out? Tell ya what - leave momma and the momma’s boyz at home - go and hunt.

What is happening to this country?

schmalzy

WKR
a huge % of the population really never spend much time outside of climate controlled areas...the amount of people who have groceries ready for them to pick up is surprising to me.. but I do not mind food shopping at all...you get to see the people of walmart...in person.

The go/no-go list grows!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks wondering about being able to “return” a hunting license.

Whats amatter - cant make plans 3-6-9 months out? Tell ya what - leave momma and the momma’s boyz at home - go and hunt.

What is happening to this country?
I wouldn't call not being able to elk hunt 3 states in a year soft.

I make 4-5 hunting and fishing trips a year out of town. But the wife also likes having me around. Besides the fact that fuel and tags cost money.

MattB

WKR
The reason us soft asses use grocery pickup is because of the trauma you hard asses put us through when you held up a line to write a check. 😀
They are the ones who don’t even pull out their checkbook until the checker tells them the amount - as though it is a total surprise to them that they have to pay.

MattB

WKR
I like the look on their faces when they scan the check then give it back to them.
The question I have is why is that, almost without fail, am I the person immediately behind that person in line? I must have been a really bad person in a prior life…

CorbLand

WKR
The question I have is why is that, almost without fail, am I the person immediately behind that person in line? I must have been a really bad person in a prior life…
“And you are going to be reincarnated as the guy that always gets stuck behind someone writing a check in the WalMart line.”

…can I be a dung beatle? How about a roll of toilet paper? A mushroom?

When I was a kid… almost everybody wrote checks. But they were good at it. Since they wrote 10-15 checks a day, by the time the checker was done ringing up the sale, they’d have it all made out except the amount, which takes about the same amount of time as swiping your atm card and entering your pin.

Also everybody was good at riding unicycles to school uphill in the snow,…barefoot…. and naked. And we didn’t have toys… we just played with ourselves.