Active Fleece Mid Layer

Active fleece? A lot of guys on lightweight backpacking forums just recommend a simple Polartec Classic 100 weight like the Patagonia MicroD

BorisZ

FNG
For a change - X-BIONIC . European brand - European quality ! This is Meindl among thermal underwear... X-bionic Hunt Energizer 4.0 ( top and bottom olive green )+ X-bionic Racoon 4.0 Transmission Layer Zip UP jacke olive.

I've used the Arcteryx Delta fleece LT a bit as a layering piece and standalone in 20-50 degree weather. That includes hiking and hunting deer/grouse in Michigan and Colorado elk in September. If you can find a deal on it, it's well worth the cost.

I've used the Arcteryx Delta fleece LT a bit as a layering piece and standalone in 20-50 degree weather. That includes hiking and hunting deer/grouse in Michigan and Colorado elk in September. If you can find a deal on it, it's well worth the cost.
The Delta LT is a great choice. I just received another one in the mail today. The Delta LT under an Atom LT will cover you in a very wide temp range for very little weight.

Jhoff041

FNG
Condor fleece on Amazon looks promising less than $30. I have the Klamath it's great

fey

FNG
Mentioned it in another thread but eddie bauer has cloud layer fleece 1/2 and full zips on seasonal clearance for 25 right now. Regular and tall sizes depending on color availability.

Beckjhong

WKR
Bumping this. Wore the hood from Swazi out for snow removal today with a regular t shirt underneath. Warmest it’s been all day is -6F. Totally comfortable.

Goblism

FNG
Surplus is the best stuff out there for the price. I like the UA cold gear slightly better but it isn't worth the additional cost in my mind.

go_deep

WKR
If you don't care about a camo pattern and your good with a solid natural colors, just Google long sleeve fleece shirts. I got 2 one black and one light brown of some random brand, give like $15 each for them have had them for probably 10 years.

barrister

WKR
I don’t have tons of comparison in hunting clothes, but I have always appreciated my First Lite Halstead. It has been great for early morning insulation, and mid day outer layer. Recently, I purchased a Klamath hooded version. Wow, it is awesome! Same attributes as the Halstead but the hood adds so much utility to the garment. It’s shocking what neck and head cover does for warmth retention and comfort. I will be buying several more, including solid colors for every day wear.

K_pem

WKR
Ive always been a big fan of the peloton 97 as a midlayer for early season since its so light, especially considering the warmth it provides, its unreal. Plus it dries pretty dang fast if sweated out. However, this year i will be giving the new Stone Glacier Helio grid fleece hoody a go as well, but thatll probably end up sitting out unless its abnormally chilly as it seems warmer than the peloton 97.

topher89

WKR
Stone Glacier Helio or Patagonia R1. Helio is lighter so better earlier season or a more active type of hunt. Either would be great for year round use.

I’m right there with you, I normally just run a plain old lightweight fleece that I picked up from cabelas years ago all year. Just seems that if it gets wet it takes a good while to dry. I guess I’m looking for options that breath well and dry fairly quick.
I'm the same....polarfleece I bought at Cabelas and Walmart serves me fine....and its cold in interior AK!

Surplus grid fleece is what I wear. I use it by itself in the early fall and with a vest in October and November. Best part is that you can find them for $30 on Amazon.
Sorry to dig up a super old thread, but it's that the rothco brand?