Aftermarket stock

CZRossman

FNG
Yup, they are around the same weight, but the quality and strength of the Grayboe is much higher then the B&C.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've gotten good deals on Timney triggers from RHR. Haven't ventured and bought anything else from them, yet.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, they are around the same weight, but the quality and strength of the Grayboe is much higher then the B&C.
Are these avaliable in adl and bdl? I only went with the 2950 as it's a few oz lighter than other options and I'm not a fan of remington bottom metal

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I saw a Grayboe "fusion" stock that is suppose to be released this summer. That thing looks like it is going on my next gun.

FURMAN

WKR
I think it will be hard to find a long range hunting stock better than the EH-1.

I think it will be hard to find a long range hunting stock better than the EH-1.

Everybody has there favorite stocks, after running a Grayboe Renegade I am left wondering why this has not come sooner. Grayboe stocks are maid at a affordable price point but does not feel like a cheap POS like so many other stocks in that price range. If you like Manners I'm sure in a year or two he will copy this as well, but will keep the horrible lead times.

CZRossman

FNG
Nope these stocks come finished in four painted colors, Black, Gray, Tan, and Olive. They also can be hydro dipped.

This grayboa stock thing has over taken this thread, no doubt an intriguing option but these are only offered for Remington and the op has a savage.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Alaska Ti weighs about 31oz vs the Greyboe advertised at 41-42 ounces. I looked at the Greyboe and I'll have to pass at that weight.
You are correct that's more than a couple oz difference. I ordered a 2950 weeks ago I did hear they are often heavier than advertised. Guess we'll see it finally shipped

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
I think my SA Alaska Ti was advertised at 29oz but I never weighed it as it came. I dremeled the bed block a bunch and then bedded it so I'll never know if it was overweight from the factory. Fit of the block was not all that good and I'm not sure if the block is out of line with the barrel channel or if the recoil lug on the 700 is what made it run off to the right. I fixed it with the bedding job.

I got the stock on a sale for 500$ rifle is a factory t3 lite that I had a muzzle break installed on, the 300 wsm shoots so much better now. This is my moubtain rifle, it's just under 8lbs.

Last edited: