Tikka Aftermarket stock LA

JD18941

FNG
Looking at best budget stock for a Tikka T3x Light 7mm rem mag. This gun is being used for long range hunting. I like AG Composites but I don’t think they offer a LA. I also like the Boyd’s stocks. Need something with adjustable cheek. Does anyone have any Recommendations for LA aftermarket Tikka stocks that are less than 700? Also, if I want to change the barrel to a proof research carbon later on, will the recommended stock fit it or will I have to modify it?

TxLite

WKR
Tikka actions are all the same. The only difference (aside from bolt face) is how far the bolt stop will allow the bolt to travel. There isn’t a LA vs SA stock unless you get into a chassis and then the only difference is the mag well.

That said, the stockys vg2 is on a heavy discount for Labor Day, and with the coupon code it can be had for $350ish dollars. I’m using one on a 7 prc and it’s been great.

If you get the barrel channel as a proof sendero it will fit your factory barrel as well as a carbon fiber sendero.

OP
J

JD18941

FNG
Tikka actions are all the same. The only difference (aside from bolt face) is how far the bolt stop will allow the bolt to travel. There isn’t a LA vs SA stock unless you get into a chassis and then the only difference is the mag well.

That said, the stockys vg2 is on a heavy discount for Labor Day, and with the coupon code it can be had for $350ish dollars. I’m using one on a 7 prc and it’s been great.

If you get the barrel channel as a proof sendero it will fit your factory barrel as well as a carbon fiber sendero.
Thanks for the info. I will check out stockys

OP
J

JD18941

FNG
I didn’t think KRG made a chassis that fits the tikka LA

OP
J

JD18941

FNG
Does anyone have experience with stockys? Is it worth the money over the factory stocks? Thank you all for the feedback
Thanks for the info. I will check out stockys
also, does this mean I can still go with ag composite stock since it’s not a a chasis and it will fit my 7mm rem mag tikka action?

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with stockys? Is it worth the money over the factory stocks? Thank you all for the feedback

also, does this mean I can still go with a at composite stock since it’s not a a chasis and it will fit my 7mm rem mag tikka action?
stockys fits tikka la, lots of info in this thread

bober90

FNG
also, does this mean I can still go with ag composite stock since it’s not a a chasis and it will fit my 7mm rem mag tikka action?

Yes. I have an AG for my tikka, but you can’t go directly through AG. Email or call them and they’ll give you a list of partners who can inlet for a tikka. You’re also limited to just a few of the stock options, so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Bravo is technically for the CTR model, any tikka action will fit in it, but it only allows either aics short action mags or ctr mags, so any long-action caliber is a no-go. There is no bravo model that accepts the lite/superlite mags. As far as I know this is the only tikka stock that is cartridge-length specific, since even in a ctr inlet you can use the oem-pattern bottom metal and mags if you wanted.

Last edited:

wnelson14

WKR
I'm pretty sure the KRG is a short action only?? If I'm wrong please let me know because I'd love a KRG bravo for a tikka long action build.

I have looked at this and I have decided to go with an xlr chasis
I was wrong, don’t have a tikka so I assumed.

OP
J

JD18941

FNG
Okay, now I’ve gone down the rabbit hole and I’m really close to buying an MDT LSS XL chassis and folding stock. Anyone else here have one and use it for long range backpack hunting? If so, post a pic and weight of what your setup is.

I know it’s going to be heavy, but the folding option would allow me to keep it in my pack while hiking in the backcountry. Anyone else doing this?

MDT folders develop play that affects long range impacts over time.
There are a few threads on here with other good long range shooters using XLR folders and not seeing this issue.
Or get the version for buffer tubes and lock tite on a castle nut and screw in in each time.

NSI

WKR
There are several drawbacks to my MDT HNT26 but folder play is not one. I understand the other folders from MDT develop play, but this is a de novo design that appears engineered to wear in not out.

-J

OP
J

JD18941

FNG
So I ordered the LSS-xl gen 2 chassis. Trying to determine the best option for Buttstock. Sounds like MDT’s develop play? Any other recommendations? I want to use a folder option so I can fit it in my pack. Light weight also a preference.

NSI

WKR
So I ordered the LSS-xl gen 2 chassis. Trying to determine the best option for Buttstock. Sounds like MDT’s develop play? Any other recommendations? I want to use a folder option so I can fit it in my pack. Light weight also a preference.
Attach an XLR carbine folder adapter and then get a carbon buffer tube and stock design of your liking. I find the b5 adjustable hood for fully featured, or the CTR with cheek riser for minimalist.

Or attach a pic adapter and run the pork sword folding stock option or an Sig folder with cheek riser. Lighter.

-J