AGC Bino Harness Shoulder Strap Swap-Out?

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Currently running an AGC Kodiak Cub and the shoulder straps are somewhat wide for me and chafes my neck when hiking. Has anyone else had this issue? Any other harness' that will work with this bino case?

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
I started using the quarter or half zip merino tops to have a small collar keeping the straps off my neck. It helped a lot. The other thing that works well for me is to make sure that the harness straps are pushed toward the outside of my pack straps when I have it on. Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

scp

Lil-Rokslider
I use the FHF harness and their shoulder pads. Also replaced each of the buckles with auto locks. Best harness/bino pack combo I’ve run yet.
2cb1da0be1bbcb7506e3525c7fa50ef4.jpg

OP
H

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks thats exactly what I'm looking to do. I reached out to FHF and they don't currently have harness' (without pouch) for sale so I'll have to shop around.

Skull10

WKR
I just put a new shoulder strap set on my AGC harness for the exact same reason. I ordered a Marsupial shoulder harness. Snaps right in and feels so much better. I switch out the front buckles for the Kifaru fasteners. Less bulk and I never use those buckles. 20190530_174631.jpg20190530_174625.jpg

OP
H

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
^^^That looks perfect for what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks. Im gonna order the Marsupial harness.

Skull10

WKR
I just bought one. It is sold seperatly on their website. $30 if I remember correctly. No issues at all.

OP
H

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Marsupial sells two harness variants without the pack. One is 19.99 and the other is 29.99. I just ordered the one with the shoulder straps like the one pictured above.

I swapped mine out with a Marsupial Gear Harness also. Snaps directly in.

Less bulk and it does not ride up the back of my neck anymore.

huntcoop

WKR
I just put a new shoulder strap set on my AGC harness for the exact same reason. I ordered a Marsupial shoulder harness. Snaps right in and feels so much better. I switch out the front buckles for the Kifaru fasteners. Less bulk and I never use those buckles. View attachment 103168View attachment 103169

You happy with the Ranger Green? Looks deadly in the pictures.....

Skull10

WKR
I really like the Ranger Green , it matches my Ranger Green Woodsman perfectly. I love the way the Marsupial harness, compact and no neck rubbing.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
I swapped mine out also with the Marsupial harness off there web site, Snaps right in and works great.