Ammunition shortages..

Wondering if Walmart or your local academy can get you what you need if you are friendly enough with the guy at the counter to tell you when the deliveries arrive.

Wondering if Walmart or your local academy can get you what you need if you are friendly enough with the guy at the counter to tell you when the deliveries arrive.
Walmart gets shipments daily.

Being friendly only works if you are that way before hand. If you show up half way through the craze and try to be my best friend, I see right through it.

Seeing more show up on the shelves and staying a little longer. I picked up 3 boxes of .308 168gr FGMM this weekend at Walmart for $27/box

The Vance's Outdoors near me has full shelves of 5.56 and 9mm (primarily Frontier for the former and Winchester for the latter), and even my Cabelas has started to have in-stock ammo which they haven't had for 6 months prior to now.

.308 is still very hard to find near me, as it seems like they're prioritizing the popular SD calibers.

It's starting to show up at stores and online. I ordered 2 boxes of .264 143eldx's (bullets only) from Scheels last week . I'm still searching for 200 gr .308 accubonds though.

I see a lot of guys venting about ammo shortages on store shelves, which I get. However, depending on which calibers you shoot, there’s a lot of ammo available online. I shoot 30-06 and have purchased everything online from target ammo to fancy bonded hunting rounds. Why bother with the local store when you can make hundreds of stores come to you?

I’ve been able to get 6 boxes of hornady precision hunter 6.5 PRC the in the last 3 days and it’s been the most difficult to find. I think things are starting to get better. Hopefully.

Did you pay $80/box in the classifieds? I find ammo I want all the time in 6.5 cm, 7mm rem mag and 20 ga slugs. I have enough for a couple seasons but am not hoarding. Many others are often available if you’re persistent and not in a hurry. If you need something this weekend, likely not gonna happen. You need something for fall deer season, you should be fine if you stay diligent and buy a couple boxes here and there. My buddy found me 3 boxes of 20 ga and 2 hornady precision hunter 6.5 cm Sunday at farm and home. Helps to have a few buddies who know each other’s calibers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you pay $80/box in the classifieds? I find ammo I want all the time in 6.5 cm, 7mm rem mag and 20 ga slugs. I have enough for a couple seasons but am not hoarding. Many others are often available if you’re persistent and not in a hurry. If you need something this weekend, likely not gonna happen. You need something for fall deer season, you should be fine if you stay diligent and buy a couple boxes here and there. My buddy found me 3 boxes of 20 ga and 2 hornady precision hunter 6.5 cm Sunday at farm and home. Helps to have a few buddies who know each other’s calibers too.

I think it's coming back, I saw every caliber known to man this past weekend at a local retailer (including 6.5 PRC at $45/box, Hornady Eld-x). Most were only $4-5 above pre-shortage costs, some were at normal cost. Was by there again today, and 2/3 of it was still on the shelves. The most outrageous costs were the 556 fmj...still 2-3x normal.

I see more and more ammo show up in the stores daily. Sometimes you just have to randomly stop through but have seen most common calibers just can’t be picky on brand or bullet weight/build.

No off the shelf at local retail stores.

I don't know what kind of 6.5 it was. But out local Walmart had the 130gr FGMM for $29.97/box. I haven't seen it on the shelves in a while. Mainly just .308/7.62x51/.270/.243/.300 win

No off the shelf at local retail stores.

I was being a smart a$$. :) haha that same ammo was in classifieds for 80 bucks.

People are trying to sell old ammo in the forums for more than new prices. Chaps my a$$. All I know is I won’t pay inflated prices when a quick google search will find the same ammo cheaper.

Picked up 5 boxes of .270 Hornady Eld-x in 145grain today for $40/box which isn't terrible. . . They had about 60 boxes on the shelf at Scheels. Had several calibers but it seemed pretty random.

Gal at checkout said Monday evening was delivery day so I timed it right, but she said it seems like the ammo crowd is thinning down a bit lately

Ammo shortage is starting to go away. As always, it will recover. Snag it when it's cheap, not after any presidential election.

MY LOCAL WALMART TODAY

Box of 308 Core-Lokt = $19.83
100 CCI MiniMAG 22LR = $7.82

They had 30-06, 243, 270, and a few other cartridges. Limit 3 boxes. No way any of this would be on the shelf three months ago, or even last month probably.

One thing about Walmart, unlike all those online aholes, they don't gouge.

Last edited:
Back