An encounter that was scary

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Ya never expected to see wolves deer hunting and then get to use my new bow glad it was dialed in

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
My neither my brothers and I went back up later that night using a thermal scope attached to an AR to see if there was more but they weren't there they did come back after we left earlier and ate in the deer but we did hear them howling as we were walking in

TBHasler

WKR
Crazy indeed! Great work and way to keep your composure. I’ve never confronted wolves in the wild but assume a situation like this could have turned ugly in a hurry.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
Went out hunting tonight, and after about an hour I suddenly heard a deer bawling then goes quiet then the deer bawls again, so I get down with my bow in hand and go investigate, and to my surprise it was a pack of wolves 70 yards away. 3 of the wolves broke away (think they seen me).

I called a park ranger and asked if we could shoot wolves and yes we could. I started filming them with my camera then suddenly a wolf showed up at 10 yards on the other side of a tree. It worked around the tree to my Left and when it got in the opening at 18 yards I released an arrow and it hit its mark. Then, as I was looking at the rest of the pack another one came running at me. I yelled to stop it and when it stopped (I guessed to be 30 yards), another arrow on its way and it hit its mark. It was an encounter I never thought I would have, but glad my new mathews v3 was dialed in. Hope there's not a lot of haters about wolf killing as I would never thought I would of had to. To add what was so unnerving was that the wolves had no fear of me...

Snow Deer hunting Military camouflage Carnivore Hunting
Interesting. Great story!

Shraggs

WKR
Went out hunting tonight and after about an hour I suddenly heard a deer bawling then goes quiet then the deer bawls again, so I get down with my bow in hand and go investigate, and to my surprise it was a pack of wolves 70 yards away 3 of the wolves broke away think they seen me I called a park ranger and asked if we could shoot wolves and yes we could, I started filming them with my camera then suddenly a wolf showed up at 10 yards on the other side of a tree it worked around the tree to my Left and when it got in the opening at 18 yards I released an arrow and it hit its mark then as I was looking at the rest of the pack another one came running at me I yelled to stop it and when it stopped I guessed to be 30 yards. another arrow on its way and it hit its mark, it was an encounter I never thought I would have, but glad my new mathews v3 was dialed in... hope there's not alot of haters about wolf killing as I would never thought I would of had to... to add what was so unnerving was that the wolves had no fear of me...

Snow Deer hunting Military camouflage Carnivore Hunting
I’m very happy for on many levels! Great job and thank god