Another bad example of non-resident hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldgoat

WKR
Damn Texans! I always tell Coloradan's I meet, I'm the two things they hate most, I'm a Texan that moved here from California! But I was only there at the convenience of our government! ;-) only camp trash I hauled out other than my own lately was locals! Assholes come from every state these days, and Colorado has plenty of them! Twenty Two years in the Navy, I met people I loved and hated from every state in the Union I imagine!

Last edited:

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Problems like this have EVERYTHING to do with a person's character and NOTHING to do with the state on his license plate.

Well said. Simple and 100% true.

The problem is folks with no respect for natural lands are likely not on forums like this and our gripes are not being seen/heard by the offenders.

Mt Al

WKR
I agree with you.

Those Texas boys probably got all hopped up on the legal devil's lettuce in CO, lost their minds on reefer madness, destroyed and left their own camp and ran in to the wilderness naked never to be seen again. Probably used the lord's name in vain when they did it.

PS - good on your friend for hauling that crap out. We can't change the world but we can change our street.

Post deserves some sort of award, plaque or 3% off coupon.

Thinking trash is a non-res problem? Get a life.
Even it it was, what's your point? Gunna keep them Texas boys outta yer land? Weigh them on the way in and out? It's public land, idiots are going to go on/in it.

rbljack

WKR
I used to be in the military and was stationed in South Dakota. We hunting in the bighorns of Wy, and spoke to numerous resident hunters and outfitters there over time. For some reason, a lot of them had a general dislike for Texans. One outfitter in particular cussed them out and lumped the all together into a big pile of....well you get the idea. I don't know why, there are good and bad in every state. I will say this though...now that I live in Texas...if I hunt back up in Colorado or Wy, Id be hesitant to go around "advertising" I'm from texas when talking to other hunters...just to avoid the "stereotype".

As others have said; there are good and bad in every state, residents and non residents. Ive seen people throw their fast food Mcdonald bags out the window while driving down the highway in their home state. I called the state troopers on them and provided the license plate. Its just plain sad.

George

Lil-Rokslider
In southern Iowa it is Busch lite instead of Pabst, you can follow the poachers/road hunters path. I packed out an empty twelve one time from where a deer hunter sat.

If your in southern Colorado you have probably noticed the new trend of picking up your dogs duty, bagging it then leaving the bag of dog poop on the trail instead of just leaving the poop. I'm thinking that this is a resident thing. Instead of looking at bags of poop on the trails forever, I cut the bags open, dump them, and pack the plastic out.

G

JWP58

WKR
Damn Texans. It aint enough that theyre from the greatest country the world has ever seen, but the whole population has to go and do this.....

I guess i could complain about all the green license plates i see in Wyoming that drive like crap and seem to think there isnt any national forests in CO (or elk). Or complain about all the road hunters from WI, MN, and MI that i see every year. But as persecuted Texan living behind enemy lines, i'll refrain.

dotman

WKR
I used to be in the military and was stationed in South Dakota. We hunting in the bighorns of Wy, and spoke to numerous resident hunters and outfitters there over time. For some reason, a lot of them had a general dislike for Texans. One outfitter in particular cussed them out and lumped the all together into a big pile of....well you get the idea. I don't know why, there are good and bad in every state. I will say this though...now that I live in Texas...if I hunt back up in Colorado or Wy, Id be hesitant to go around "advertising" I'm from texas when talking to other hunters...just to avoid the "stereotype".

As others have said; there are good and bad in every state, residents and non residents. Ive seen people throw their fast food Mcdonald bags out the window while driving down the highway in their home state. I called the state troopers on them and provided the license plate. Its just plain sad.

Where I hunt a ton of Texans come to hunt, I’ve met many new friends from Texas over the years there as the same people hunt every year, you expect to see them and I would help them pack out an animal any time. I’ve yet to meet an unfriendly Texan.

Owenst7

WKR
texas-cute.jpg
damn Texans!

Last edited:
Without question the biggest slobs I’ve encountered are the commercial mushroom pickers! It seems like they’re required to leave two pcs of trash for every mushroom picked. Last years forest fire becomes this years trash pile :(.

Where I hunt a ton of Texans come to hunt, I’ve met many new friends from Texas over the years there as the same people hunt every year, you expect to see them and I would help them pack out an animal any time. I’ve yet to meet an unfriendly Texan.

X's 2.... I'd guess 75% of the hunters I meet at the trail head I generally hunt out of in CO are from TX. Some are regulars that are there every year, some are newbies.... but I've had 100% positive experience with them and would gladly help them pack out, knowing they'd probably do the same if I got in a pinch. I've chuckled to myself, behind their backs though on occasion... More than once I've seen a TX'n in Colorado strapped w/ a 6" (or bigger) 500S&W for bear and wolf protection. Overall the folks I've met in Colorado (and other states for that matter) that are TX residents have been very pleasant and friendly folks.

Last edited:

Hall256

WKR
Honestly, the worst things about Texans is their over use of Kuiu...i mean come on, haven't they even heard of decent hunting clothes before?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
Hopefully, my previous post was taken as a joke...im just way too bored and going stir crazy in the house (so much so that I have set up the tipi and stove in the back yard...nothing like a warm tent and a cold beer).

As for people polluting, come to the south and see real trash. There is this redneck culture that drives me crazy, they treat public lands like crap.

My father raised me to leave the woods better than we found them, and from reading some of the above posts it sounds like several of you subscribe to the same theory.

This thread reminds me of the classical BLM or Nat Forest shooting area GROSSOUT that I have found from GA to CA and many states in between. I have an idea ... Lets take a propane tank and a F'N washing machine to the "range" ( waste dump to some) and shoot it full of holes. Lets go ahead and leave it there too for others to enjoy. A television was left out in the local FS shooting area when I was out there recently. Real nice.

Last edited:

IdahoElk

WKR
Honestly, the worst things about Texans is their over use of Kuiu...i mean come on, haven't they even heard of decent hunting clothes before?

This thread is now complete! someone had to drag Kuiu into this mess.

nrh6.7

WKR
As a born and raised Texan...that only wears First Lite...nothing really pisses me off more than littering. I have seem people litter at a stop light, and get out and hand them their trash, or throw it in the back of their truck. Don't mess with Texas, and leave it better than you found it.

Haha...i figured it had to be done....might as well be me.

DFB

FNG
Hopefully, my previous post was taken as a joke...im just way too bored and going stir crazy in the house (so much so that I have set up the tipi and stove in the back yard...nothing like a warm tent and a cold beer).

As for people polluting, come to the south and see real trash. There is this redneck culture that drives me crazy, they treat public lands like crap.

My father raised me to leave the woods better than we found them, and from reading some of the above posts it sounds like several of you subscribe to the same theory.

You must live in Tennessee too? I have seen people literally drop trash beside an empty trash can. It baffles me.

3forks

WKR
I have video evidence that proves every Texican is a litter bug.

[video=youtube_share;JqOW0NCWD44]https://youtu.be/JqOW0NCWD44[/video]

Kidding, but this video made the local news and enraged a lot of the local residents. People's comments about transplants to Colorado, and Texans in particular, would make you think that she drove over a baby instead of just dumping her trash in a parking lot. Regardless, douche bags are everywhere.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure it's wolves bringing in the trash. They are trying to divert attention from themselves as the real evil in the hunting world and nr hunters are easy pickings. Remember whenever there's an issue, it's wolves. Can't find game...wolves. Miss a shot...wolves. Truck won't start...wolves. Birth control fails...wolves. If you're ever in a bad situation that it's just not possible that wolves are the cause, where do you put the blame? That's right, guys from Durango.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Hall256

WKR
You must live in Tennessee too? I have seen people literally drop trash beside an empty trash can. It baffles me.
Close...one of the worst sites I have seen was on Lake Fontana on the south side of the Great Smokey Mountains...we had to kayak through about a mile of trash that got caught up in part if the lake. I have talked about in on here before, but it stands out to me as the worst case of polluting in such a great place.

Status
Not open for further replies.