Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

jmez

WKR
Huge wrestling fan here. Nebraska is my school. Outside of them I like watching Penn State, absolutely love their attacking, constant pressure style of wrestling.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Might be a good battle for second place in Kansas City.
I'm betting Penn St will have the championship clinched before the finals start on Saturday night.
I don't think you could build a composite team of all stars to beat Penn State.

I would like to see Fix finally win a championship at 133 but Arujau is just better on his feet and the freshman from Lehigh must be tough also. Otherwise Okla State is over ranked at #3. They looked awful in their last dual against Iowa.

Nebraska could be a sleeper for 2nd place.

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Penn State has already clinched the title. They could set the scoring record this year.

The 133# pound from Lehigh is defensive, very hard to score on. That is how he beat Vito, countered a takedown then stalled to a victory.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Wrestled for the Hoosiers my freshman year of college but graduated from Purdue. If they have a contender I’m rooting for those guys. I watch either way!

LostArra

WKR
Ramos from Purdue could win 125. Of course he's already a legend after pinning Spencer Lee last year in the semis.

Reactions: Duh

Catchfish

WKR
Always a blast to watch, always cheering for the Hawkeyes but like to see a low seeded guy bust up brackets too

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
I don't get to see much of it either, just highlights but it's super fun to watch. Waayyy back when @philos and I wrestled in High School, Iowa was just on fire at every weight class and I've kinda rooted for them ever since.

I just went down the rabbit hole of watching some of the high school talent out there right now. Bo Basset is a sophomore in high school and winning open D-1 college tournaments. Markus Blaze is another. Crazy talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaboy

WKR
Big 10s this week will set the tone for the NCAAs. Hard to see PennSt faltering...... really insane what Cael has done there. It's still a sport where there are no guarantees -one upset at one weight, a major injury in another weight to a high seed and things can really change. Love the coverage Big10 network and ESPN have been giving the pastor few years.

Idaboy

WKR
Big 10s this week will set the tone for the NCAAs. Hard to see PennSt faltering...... really insane what Cael has done there. It's still a sport where there are no guarantees -one upset at one weight, a major injury in another weight to a high seed and things can really change. Love the coverage Big10 network and ESPN have been giving the pastor few years.

TheHammer

WKR
125 could be wrestled 10xs with 10 different outcomes.
133 I’d like to see fix take it.
141 I’d like to see woods step up and get offensive. Seems Iowa wrestlers have been just showing up and not pushing the pace this year…. Whoever wins the 1/4s between woods and Bartlett will be champ.
149 I’d like to see Gomez finally get his moment.
157 is a dog fight, if teemer makes the finals I see him taking it.
165 is going to be interesting. Both askren prospects in the finals is my prediction. I think Mitchell takes carr out.
174 is all penn state. Not a fan of starocci, but he is undeniably the best. I would be surprised if he even gives up more then 1pt per match.
184 it’d be nice to see Parker take it
197 brooks might have his hands full with a couple of them but I don’t see anyone actually beating him. I’d like to see what Sloan does with him but think they will be opposite sides of the bracket. And the hidlay rivalry will stay lopsided.
Hwt… has a lot of great matchups. Schultz has had an interesting year. Does Kerkvliet win it all? Two interesting matchups for him out of the big 12.

TheHammer

WKR
Is Starocci injured? I read somewhere that he hurt his knee in the last dual of the season. Probably just drama.
Nothing modern medicine and some knee braces can’t get around. Spencer had no knees for 2 seasons and still managed to clean house…. To be a great d1 athlete is one thing, but to be arguably one of the greatest with handicaps is another.

I would not say that he is a lock at 174 injured. Yes he has time to heal. I would be surprised if he wrestles this weekend. Probably makes weight and takes an at large bid.