Any fish pics

Carr5vols

WKR
That is one darn fine Speckled Trout!!!
Tasted good as well. Personnel best is about 4 inches longer than that one...it looked like a king salmon. Got checked that day and the wildlife officer was even amazed by it. It tasted good too. All those flounder came out of one 10 x 10 hole...

ToolMann

WKR
that right there is some fantastic eating. Great job.
Thanks. It was a hell of a time. Can't wait to get back up there at some point. Had some halibut Monday night and it was everything I'd hoped being so fresh. I'll share some deer meat way before I start handing out packs of halibut. Of course one is way easier to get more of too. My wife has been beating me on all our last fishing trips, even locally. Need to get my game back :)

Couple from last week… wife got a quick limit

The next day we salmon fished after I spent 2 days offshore chasing albacore , first pass, trolling with the tide, my rod goes, it’s just turning gray light, still pretty dark, get the fish to the boat and it burns off… get it back under control, spreader reeled to the tip, lifting the fish to the surface for my wife to net, and below my fish appears a big white presence comes out of the dark water, and a big seal gracefully grabs my fish and turns… shit!

I get the boat turned around knowing I need to run this thing down and it shoots across the river over to the bank and starts going downstream… it dives down and right away I feel my line creeking on wood, line going straight down, seal pops up with my fish 100yds down, he went under a submerged tree… damn!

Knowing I was screwed, I start putting pressure on it and break my whole rigging off, not a surprise at that point.

I get the defeated feeling for a brief moment, then the “screw that seal” feeling replaced it and I start idling down river looking for that bastard… pretty quick he comes up with my fish, and I throttle up and head his way, he sees me and goes down. (I know they have to come to the surface to eat the fish, especially a 20+lb king)

Wait again and run him down again, and he goes down… this goes on for a solid 1/2 mile of river, but I’m getting closer every time, he’s not liking packing that fish that far.

Finally he comes up, I idle his way, then I see his boil, so I keep idling up, then he comes up right off my bow, and I charged him with the boat, he spooked and dropped my fish and I netted it! Success! It took some commitment, but I got my fish (didn’t get my flasher back though) my wife was pretty surprised my plan worked out.

I have had several fish grabbed by seals, but never lost one to a seal, always run them down and pressure them until I win and they lose… I almost lost that one though… beautiful big thick buck, and all I lost was the collars, which sucks, but I was happy to have the fillets unharmed.

Going to take my wife Friday morning for one more fish gathering mission before elk opens Saturday, and I don’t fish with a unfilled elk tag

Attachments

• C0B346CE-71DA-4AD7-86B9-E1FFC7E4C9F6.jpeg
    C0B346CE-71DA-4AD7-86B9-E1FFC7E4C9F6.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 6EFF635E-9BF5-4010-9ABF-8990679130CE.jpeg
    6EFF635E-9BF5-4010-9ABF-8990679130CE.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 21E44643-437B-4D8A-9DF6-B7ABB3FDECFF.jpeg
    21E44643-437B-4D8A-9DF6-B7ABB3FDECFF.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47

Broomd

WKR
We and a couple 'a buds put ten walleye in the well last Saturday on the Columbia up near Canada.
After 95* and sunny for weeks, the fishing gods clouded up the skies and spit some rain drops just for us.
Made for good trolling...

1661396372651.png
1661396464475.png

White Sea bass Catalina Island, So. Cal.View attachment 417074
Those are one of the best eating fish I have ever had, a few years ago when I was still diving urchins, a boat pulled into orford on their way north to chase albacore, they were avid spear fishermen from socal, and liked chasing the white seabass

He wanted a few urchins to prepare on their boat, so we gave them a good amount, and then he said he had something he wanted to give us and came back with a bunch of vac packed seasbass steaks… I was pretty amazed how good it was, almost a halibut texture, but better, and didn’t dry out as easy… wish we had them on the Oregon coast

It’s a fish you don’t hear much about in terms of food quality, but it’s in my top 5 that I have eaten, and the only one in the top 5 that isn’t super oily (like spring chinook, summer steelhead, sablefish, bft/albacore, etc)

Another cool thing about white seabass is their size and meat recovery you get, they have a lot of meat on them, those look like some dandy fish!

dtrkyman

WKR
055a226b2ed61ed8ddf182f5cb55bd37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Those are one of the best eating fish I have ever had, a few years ago when I was still diving urchins, a boat pulled into orford on their way north to chase albacore, they were avid spear fishermen from socal, and liked chasing the white seabass

He wanted a few urchins to prepare on their boat, so we gave them a good amount, and then he said he had something he wanted to give us and came back with a bunch of vac packed seasbass steaks… I was pretty amazed how good it was, almost a halibut texture, but better, and didn’t dry out as easy… wish we had them on the Oregon coast

It’s a fish you don’t hear much about in terms of food quality, but it’s in my top 5 that I have eaten, and the only one in the top 5 that isn’t super oily (like spring chinook, summer steelhead, sablefish, bft/albacore, etc)

Another cool thing about white seabass is their size and meat recovery you get, they have a lot of meat on them, those look like some dandy fish!
They are the best eating ocean fish by far. and I like ocean fish.