Any ideas?

kyle1112

WKR
So i have a Ledge outdoors featherlight 0* bag (i know not high end, but hey im on a budget haha) and I was wondering how small you guy have gotten your bags packed/compressed down to and what/how you did it? It has a compression sac with it that works pretty good but it puts it into more of a ball than id like it to be. I have a blue widow with a spike duffel in it and would like to see the bag go into the duffel in more of a small cylinder shape....any thoughts?

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kifaru 5 string is what you are looking for. I am in the same boat as you as far my bag compressing to football. Going to pick one up soon.

OP
kyle1112

kyle1112

WKR
Kifaru 5 string is what you are looking for. I am in the same boat as you as far my bag compressing to football. Going to pick one up soon.

ok sweet, i saw a post on one of these earlier but wasnt sure exactly was goin on with it hahaha.. Youll have to post on how it turns out!!! what do they run?

OP
kyle1112

kyle1112

WKR
About $45 http://store.kifaru.net/stuff-sacks-p29.aspx

I am hoping to get one soon but its lower on the list priorities right now.

yeah, Im in the same boat. I want/need some gaiters and a water filter most right now but am looking for a good deal on both. May have to pt them aside to get a set of binos though, my kids may have gotten ahold of mine and lost em...

OP
kyle1112

kyle1112

WKR
Lol my kids know that losing breaking my gear is punishable by death.

And this is normally the case for me as well, but you know how kids seem to forget to listen sometimes, specially when they are three....and want to hunt with daddy....

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I think two of my quilts would fit in a Nalgene bottle.

The Kifaru stuff sacks rock. Check out littlebuf's thread on them. I run a very similar setup to what he has.

Lawnboi

WKR
The event stuff sacs like pictured above are great. You can pack your bag in, and throw it in the bottom of your pack, and due to the breathable material it will compress and conform perfectly to your pack and not leave you with a 'bowling ball'.

The kifaru looks nice just be aware that it is not waterproof, which has kept me from purchasing one....

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I line my whole pack with a black garbage bag, so I don't worry about putting anything in a dry sack. This works pretty well for me.