Anyone confirm factory Federal 7 PRC ELDX velocities

Sako300

WKR
I have heard several members speak of this factory ammo and velocities close to as advertised. Has anyone had a chance to run them? Just looking to see if they indeed are close to the 3000 fps and how accuracy was with various barrel lengths and sped up barrels. Thankyou

tak

WKR
Federal are 2885 out of my 20" proof

In the same gun, Hornady has been 2775 and 2830ish (two different lots, but consistent within lot)

SD was better in Federal. Accuracy was very good - groups same or better than Hornady depending on lot. Data from labradar.

tak

WKR
Not to muddy up the thread, but a couple other factory ammo velocities from the same rifle. All over labradar.

Federal terminal ascent were right around 3000 out of the same 20". SDs were crazy low, just didn't group as well, still good, right at an inch, but noticeably larger groups than ELDx in both Federal and Hornady.

Hornady 180 ELD Match was 2815 (before barrel sped up) but these were fairly hot -heavy bolt lift, ejector marks. Maybe it's just soft brass, but I haven't shot much of these. Meant to call Hornady, but haven't yet.

OP
S

Sako300

WKR
Thankyou! Yeah it seems that reloading the 7 PRC might be the best way to get consistent accuracy and velocity from this round. Hornady marketing at its best!

Reactions: tak

mattg65

FNG
Fierce 22in Carbon barrel with about 100 rounds fired.
Avg velocity of 60 rounds fired @ 85 deg was 2893 with factory Hornady 175gr ELD-X