anyone pack in a "lightweight" cot?

colonel00

WKR
I'd also be interested to hear from anyone that has used them inside nests or in floored tents. Just wondering if the feet wear on the thinner floor materials.

jmez

WKR
I'd also be interested to hear from anyone that has used them inside nests or in floored tents. Just wondering if the feet wear on the thinner floor materials.

Hasn't been an issue with either of my buddies. Both use them in floored tents.

rodney482

WKR
Ive ran a luxurylite cot and q core pad for a few years.. sleep like a baby. I would freeze w/o the insulated pad.

dotman

WKR
That is a great price for sure. I bought mine used and only saved $12 from that price. Still pretty expensive though if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not cheap but comparable in price to a good quality airpad with a weight penalty for comfort. I was chatting with Brad and he had a good idea, use a Costco quilt and make an underquilt for the Helinox cots out of it. I may consider selling my airpad if this work.

One Costco quilt should make two cot underquilts and be crazy cheap with minimal added weight. Or make your own synthetic version.

Not cheap but comparable in price to a good quality airpad with a weight penalty for comfort.

One Costco quilt should make two cot underquilts and be crazy cheap with minimal added weight. Or make your own synthetic version.

That's true, I didn't really think about it that way. As far as the Costco quilt goes, that's a good idea although, they weigh about a pound and even cut in half, it's still roughly 8 oz. which is the same as my Xlite pad. of course the Xlite pad is a lot more than $20, but if you already got it and need the insulation, you might as well use it.

Why not just sleep in your clothes inside your bivy with your quilt? If you're still cold light a fire in your stove.

anyone pack in a "lightweight" cot?

Why even wear clothes? Just man up and grow more body hair for insulation.

^^^^This! I've been rubbing Rogaine all over my body now for the last month and I think it's starting to work.
eaabebd0047b20b7870ac948c895cbab.png

I'm starting to think about ditching the shelter/sleep system all together.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I've used my Thermarest for 3 years and I can't imagine going back to a pad, inflatable, or otherwise.

WKR
Is the cot much better than a thicker inflatable pad like the BA Q core? Not sure I understand the advantage of a cot.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
^^^^This! I've been rubbing Rogaine all over my body now for the last month and I think it's starting to work.
eaabebd0047b20b7870ac948c895cbab.png

I'm starting to think about ditching the shelter/sleep system all together.

Yes,looks like it's working...made you much more handsome also.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I use one of the Luxury Lite Thermarest cots always. Can't remember the model but may be the lightest one. I use an insulated pad too.

I believe it is the most comfortable sleep you can get in the back country.

I do this for fun. I like to be comfortable in the field. I will carry a couple extra pounds to do that.

Some guys enjoy doing things the lightest way possible no matter the other "pain" it causes physically, mentally, or financially. I am not in that mindset.